PDA

View Full Version : Navigation

BENPA28
9th Nov 2003, 01:49
Hi

sorry if this is the wrong thread, but seems like the best one to post in.

Currently studying for the last exam for the PPL, Navigation, I have 2 ppl confusers, and my question is, when measuring track, do you measure the distance from the centre of the aerodrome circle to the other aerodrome circle centre or from the outskirts of one to the centre of the other as one of the confusers has a 'revised' answers page, from the outskirts of one aerodrome circle to the centre of the other is 74nms, the revised answer is 76nm's which is centre to centre of the other...please help! Im assuming it is prob centre to centre, but just to clarify.

TIA

Tinstaafl
9th Nov 2003, 22:46
Centre to centre everywhere in the world I've flown, but this is JAR-land now. Could arbitrarily be anything: "All tracks to be measured commencing from a point 2.37km to the SSW of the upper right hand corner of the airport boundary (as defined when chart North is oriented 15 deg to the E of True North), provided the destination lies not less than the specified minimum distance.

NOTE: Different requirements apply if the destination lies closer than the specified minimum distance. Consult JAR 84.87.a.ii.(b).(7) sub-section 987.98.a(2)f."

StrateandLevel
10th Nov 2003, 04:20
Navigation is simple geometry. Do you really need to ask the question?

StudentInDebt
10th Nov 2003, 23:12
Presumably, since BENPA28 has asked the question, the answer is yes S&L.

Centre to Centre.

BENPA28
13th Nov 2003, 00:48
NO NEED FOR THE CONDESCENDING TONE MR STRAIGHT AND LEVEL.

RARRR

J-Heller
13th Nov 2003, 05:24
Ben you'll need to stay off the pedigree chum mate!

:}