PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Shoreham!

Papa Charlie
7th Nov 2003, 14:33
Many thanks to the professional way Shoreham ATC helped us and handled our radio failure when returning to Shoreham yesterday. It was much appreciated! :)

FlyingForFun
7th Nov 2003, 17:42
Papa Charlie,

There is a thread running in the Private Flying forum (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108044) about radio failures and how they are handled by ATC. I'd be interested if you could post some of the details of your incident in that thread, and I'm sure I'm not the only one - it's always instructive to hear first-hand comments.

Glad it all worked out ok for you! :ok:

FFF
-----------------

Papa Charlie
10th Nov 2003, 15:47
FFF - thanks. I have now done so.
:)

Spangly
12th Nov 2003, 05:22
In my limited experience, Shoreham has some of the best, most flexible and most welcoming air traffickers in the UK. Top notch people.

topunicyclist
13th Nov 2003, 08:22
Papa Charlie - I was practising the NDB/DME approach into Shoreham with my instructor at that time. As I was attempting to track the NDB on the final approach track, Shoreham were asking acft on their freq to respond in an attempt to ascertain which acft had had the radio failure (one pilot clearly hadn't heard ATC properly and requested "say again", at which point I and probably everyone else on freq had a chuckle as the controller informed him to "disregard message").

We passed you in an opposite direction track in Worthing/Rustington area, approx 500ft lower and a mile or so north!

Glad you had a comparatively uneventful trip back.

PS Thanks also to Shoreham ATC for allowing me to make my IMC test approach yesterday even though I was 15 mins late overhead SHM. When I was first given an EAT 30 mins later than my arrival time, I thought I would screw up badly somewhere along the line in the hold in the ensuing 30 minutes; fortunately I was only held for a little bit less though which gave me only 4 holds to contend with!