PDA

View Full Version : Licence Conversion...

whereisjohn
6th Nov 2003, 10:14
Hi!

Was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or have some suggestions and ideas about this...

Converting a New Zealand CPL to a South African CPL... I understand that all the CPL exams have to be re-written and a CPL flight test must be conducted but what sort of difficulty should I be expecting? Same goes for IF conversions -- exams and flight test... will it be tougher in South Africa than what I experienced in New Zealand, not that it was all that bad!

Thanks for any info.

Rhodie
6th Nov 2003, 18:55
Greetings Whereis....

See the other threads (below) on the subject of foreign validations - they all have relevant info and some good links you can use to update on requirements.

Cheers

R

Kiwi Flyer
10th Nov 2003, 13:02
Whereisjohn,

Only thing I'd ask you is have you got a job in SA, (are you a Kiwi?), because getting work permits for SA is nigh on impossible.

Otherwise go for the validation option that most foreign contract guys go for. Can't fly inside SA, but can fly ZS planes elsewhere on contract.

Cheers

KF

nopoal
13th Nov 2003, 01:24
Hi there!!!!

I have post a mail in the french forum (Du Boulot) about the requirements needed to convert/validate licences into SA licence. It may help, thatīs what I wonder. Itīs in english.
Nice flights.

V1 V rotate :cool: