PDA

View Full Version : West Midlands Airport - surely not!

Legs11
5th Nov 2003, 17:15
They've got to be kidding haven't they?:p After all that messing around 6 months or so ago, now they're looking to recruit again - and they're after as many as 4:eek:. Anyone daft enough to trust them? :D

niknak
5th Nov 2003, 17:49
I guess that 4 on top of whatever they have at the moment would cover them for Scratcoh over the published times of operation, but it seems a dramatic move after several years of scratching around and the owners pretending its a proper airport. :E

Anyway, good luck to them, but as you say Legs, it would be a very brave move for anyone already in a secure job to take.

Anyone know anyone who works there?

Standard Noise
5th Nov 2003, 19:41
Yep, I'll see what I can find out.

Personally, I left soon after Antique took over in 98, best move I ever made!

squeaker
6th Nov 2003, 16:53
Could be expanding place though if Britannia's lo cost spinoff is to be based there ( and Finningley apparently ) should be fun given the 737-7/800 approach speed and a rwy under 6000'!

Canada Goose
6th Nov 2003, 17:03
Is it in Wolverhampton ?

About a month or so ago I was driving through Bridgnorth in Shropshire and there were posters daubed on signs and poles etc, urging the local residents to fight against an airport expansion. This irked my interest as I was assuming I was not near any major towns or cities and so I had a butchers at a chart and the only current airport that they could be getting their knickers in a twist about was Wolves !

If this is the case, then bring on those budget airlines !!

CG.

niknak
6th Nov 2003, 19:04
Canada.

No, it's the other Midlands airport which isn't Birmingham or East Midlands, click on: flight international (http://www.flightinternational.com/fi_frameset.asp?target=fi_jobs)

scroll down to ATC and Operations jobs, and read the bull:mad: t.

See also the other post "satbbed in the back by the short sighted".

Canada Goose
6th Nov 2003, 19:55
Thanks NikNak ...... I'm assuming the bs you refer to is the bit about Coventry being the best located airport in the UK ...

Cheers, CG

goddammit
9th Nov 2003, 22:30
legs 11
TRUST COVENTRY?? MMORE THAN SERCO
:E

360BakTrak
9th Nov 2003, 23:49
Expanding as well as making ATCO's redundant?!?!?! Great business sense!!!!!:mad:

LondonRadar
10th Nov 2003, 05:47
What mix of traffic do they have? And do EGBB vector aircraft onto the ILS for them?

Gypsy Queen
10th Nov 2003, 22:04
London, general mix is GA, cargo and Instrument training. I believe a lo-cost start up is the background to the latest advert, Birmingham have a great deal of 'control' over the Coventry traffic, but I think Coventry do the final vectoring. Thinking of applying?:eek: