PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 182 Weight & Balance Spreadsheet

Circuit Basher
30th Oct 2003, 00:26
Thanks to some guidance from helpful work colleagues and useful input from Brooklands (also MikeCross), I have managed to get my C182 Weight & Balance Spreadsheet doing what I wanted it to do, which was to indicate visually when the W&B data was outside POH limits. This was a bit complex, due to a non-linear envelope.

This is obviously aircraft specific (and is also fairly inelegant Visual Basic code) but if someone is interested in taking this idea and developing it for their own aircraft, I've posted the spreadsheet on my MSN Group (http://uk.msnusers.com/CircuitBasher/Documents/Cessna 182 Wt and Bal.xls) site. It may well be that the guts of the code are re-usable. For those with security settings on their MS Office that warn about macros in the code, it was virus free when it left me!! :) I have tested the thing empirically and it has given me the correct results for the data I've entered - it's not guaranteed bomb proof!

andyb79
30th Oct 2003, 18:11
the link doesnt work

Circuit Basher
30th Oct 2003, 20:42
Andyb79 - just checked and the link works for me. Just wondering whether it's part of your Internet Explorer security settings as the sheet contains macros; it may be that your browser is rejecting the spreadsheet as a result.

If you want a copy, I can email it if you wish.

dublinpilot
30th Oct 2003, 20:55
CB,

Link is asking me to sign in. I guess your pc is set to automatically log in :)

dp

andyb79
30th Oct 2003, 21:40
checked again it seems that it is a members area?
if you could email it i would be grateful

Circuit Basher
30th Oct 2003, 23:18
For those who need a copy of the spreadsheet, I'll email it if you send your address in a PM (I've already sent 7 copies, 5 of whom are lurkers!!).

Not too sure why it's asking for a log-in, as this is an open area - I'll update the link and see what happens.