PDA

View Full Version : Euroceltic

staff west
6th Jun 2001, 00:11
What's this from the latest Flight. Euroceltic to operate a Liverpool - Waterford and a Liverpool - Luton with an F27??

Surely these routes deserve a little more effort?

Who is Euroceltic?

Any more sardines for the can
Any comments from the community?

RVR800
6th Jun 2001, 13:17
Oh not this again!

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
6th Jun 2001, 15:16
I can't comment on Liverpool - Waterford, but the news that EuroCeltic are to start Luton-Liverpool comes as no surprise.

easyJet's decision to cease flying Luton-Liverpool due to the increased landing charges at Luton were thoroughly debated on PPRUNE and it was agreed that they did it because they would no longer make a profit on the route/would be better off using the aircraft on other routes/wanted to make a point to Luton Airport (please delete those you don't believe!).

Liverpool have always been vociferous in wanting to maintain an air link with London and I'm told that they have been talking to a number of carriers about flying to Luton or Stansted.

I believe one airline was interested but were going to charge non-budget airline prices and Liverpool and Luton Airports (the latter now involved as they wished to see the route restart) kept on talking to other airlines.

On the premise that to try and replicate easyJet's fare structure on the route, any airline involved must have a pretty low cost base then there are not many that fall into that category.

Given the EuroCeltic probably fit into this category, seem to have established themselves on Luton-Waterford (I'm told that load factors are normally in excess of 50%) and they have a spare aircraft available, it all seems very logical.

Agree that the F27 is not very high tech, but if nobody else can do the route then...

I wish them every success.

[This message has been edited by OLNEY 1 BRAVO (edited 06 June 2001).]