PDA

View Full Version : Infringement reporting

wingandaprayer
26th Oct 2003, 20:49
Have searched this forum but can't find an answer.

What is a "99" infringement report ?

panjandrum
26th Oct 2003, 21:06
Are you sure it wasn't '939' as in CA939? which is 'Alleged infringement of Legislation'

5milesbaby
27th Oct 2003, 05:59
Is that the one also known as a MOR (Mandatory Occurance Report) which can be filed against anyone or anything, so even the chairs and carpets aint safe!!!!! :ok:

wingandaprayer
27th Oct 2003, 16:17
This happened to a friend of mine (not me, honest).

He had apparently entered class D, although at the time he was sure he had avoided it, and had to phone ATC on landing. He said he was told that a report would be done but it wouldn't be a "99", or wouldn't be "99'd" ??

He was obviously worried at the time, so may have mis-heard what was said.

Bright-Ling
27th Oct 2003, 17:29
A CAA939 is an Alleged Breach of Air Navigation Legislation (ABANL)

A CAA1261 is a Mandatory Occurence Report (MOR) ....... which could lead to a 939!:cool:

wingandaprayer
27th Oct 2003, 19:39
The CAA939 seems to make sense.

I will pass this on.

Many thanks for the replies.

lemon_torte
13th Aug 2004, 14:49
Hi what are the implications of a MOR or CA939? Is it endorsed on your licence? Can you lose your licence? Fine?

Findo
13th Aug 2004, 15:56
Both are simply report forms. If the CAA decide to investigate and eventually prosecute for some offence against the ANO they have the power to remove licences.

niknak
13th Aug 2004, 23:00
It must be said that although the CAA do have the power to take legal action, following which, they have the power to remove a rating or suspend a licence they rarely do so, unless they are convinced that the pilot was deliberately negligent, and/or deliberately commiting an offence against the ANO.

In the vast majority of cases, advice to the pilot concerned is issued with regard to whether they should just be more careful, or undertake further training (bear in mind that they can also, in extreme cases, order you to do this).

blondie118
6th Sep 2004, 02:12
My advice is if you think you may cut close to somebody's airspace call them and let them know.

We have numerous zone infringers on essex. Sometimes they're very minor but other times controllers have to take avoiding action with the inbounds.

If you don't want to talk to the unit then at least listen out on frequency, we do try and call those who have crept into the airspace in the hope they may be listening out.