PDA

View Full Version : Full time Instructor opportunity

shower of sparks
22nd Oct 2003, 21:29
Dear Ppruners,

Due to the rapidly expanding nature of it's flying school, the Cambridge Aero Club has created a vacancy for a full time PPL Instructor to help fulfill it's day-to-day training obligations.

If you would like more information please contact the Flight Operations desk at Cambridge City Airport on (01223) 373214, or the Aero Club Manager on 07904 109883

Alternatively, please send your CV and a covering message to [email protected]

Best wishes,

SOS

Wee Weasley Welshman
23rd Oct 2003, 03:25
Generally its best to ask before posting such vacancies as it is against the rules you signed up to on registration. A very lean view is taken in nearly all cases as we all want to see someone get a leg up.

Good luck to all applicants. There can't be too many vacancies opening up right now..

Cheers

Charlie Foxtrot India
27th Oct 2003, 22:56
The rule is there so that pprune isn't inundated by people wanting free advertising.
I agree with WWW that we will take a lean view this time but I think you'll see the moderators point of view as well.

PPRuNe Towers
28th Oct 2003, 05:27
G-RICH,

Depends entirely on which side you're viewing it from.

We give the mods some lattitude at times - as an example when intructor's jobs are like hen's teeth.

However, we really do have a problem with commercial concerns riding on the back of 8 years damn hard work building an audience of more than 20,000 professionally licenced pilots visiting every day.

The cost of an ad as put at the top of this thread would be an hour's pay for the successful applicant. The cost of a training aircraft mainwheel tyre will buy an ad for a month. We are the cheapest and most effective advertising there is for schools but they will do anything for a free ride.

Meanwhile we've personally raised £17,000 to assist with those beginning their professional careers. That sum should be considerably higher but we used quite a bit subsidising several training seminars and getting our first five PPRuNers' jobs on 737's.

Thus, here at the Towers, we are comfortable with our stance slapping around the mealy mouthed cheapskates in the back offices of General Aviation.

Regards
rob

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Oct 2003, 21:38
Yeah, I try and look the other way as long as its not a medium to large FTO with a recruitment budget.

We all want to help struggling FI's and struggling schools as many of us have been that and worked for them in the past.

I look forward to the day when this forum is inundated with vacancies and school owners trying to poach staff :) I fear it might be quite some wait though :(

Cheers