PDA

View Full Version : Landing Instructions

DubTrub
22nd Oct 2003, 21:19
A/G op here, listening to loads of GA pilots dropping in for a cuppa, they do insist on asking for "Landing Instructions".

Could a kind ATC person advise me whether this request is normal at full ATC or AFISO-operated airports? And are students at these airports being taught to ask for this, or is it a post-license phrase?

One feels so like telling them to "point the nose down towards the ground....." etc.

Regards

Gonzo
22nd Oct 2003, 21:23
Just reply: "Power, Attitude, Trim, then cut the power and flare gently".

See what they say. :ok:

Squadgy
22nd Oct 2003, 22:23
Somethimes get people asking for 'joining instructions' and reading back 'clear for take off' and 'clear to land'. This is with a FIS being provided - a lot of people dont seem to appreciate the difference between the three different levels of service:rolleyes:

The correct phraseology is to request 'Joining Information' at FISO units and to reply 'roger' to a 'Take Off/Land at your discretion'.

I think the confusion rests with people who do PPLs at airfields with a different level of service not amending their phraseology to take account of the service being provided.

bookworm
22nd Oct 2003, 23:26
The CAP413 phraseology is to append "for landing" after the usual type/position/altitude call.

Jerricho
23rd Oct 2003, 14:38
"Power, Attitude, Trim,

Sounds like you're describing Point 7!!!

(Sorry for the hi-jack)

Gonzo
23rd Oct 2003, 17:03
Just as I was expecting!