PDA

View Full Version : Question

ECHIE
22nd Oct 2003, 20:09
I am a FI flown 100 hours under supervision and done 25 supervised solo flights. At the moment I have found a possibily to work as a VFR twin engine FI. In the JAR-FCL 1 part H section 1 it says that I need 500 hours of experience before I can become FI on the twin engine. The school says to me that I need 30 hours of experience on the type of aircraft and 10 hours in the last 12 months, so not the minimum of 500 flying hours. Also according to them I need a course of around the 5 hours before I can start. What must the course insist of and is it possible to become a FI on the twin without having the 500 hours?

Thank you very much in advance.

Theo

DFC
22nd Oct 2003, 20:32
You need 500 hours total experience when you apply for the Class Rating Instructor rating.

There is no getting away from the 500 hour requirement. However, the flying time during the course counts towards the 500.

JAR-FCL 1.330(e) and 1.380(a) are the references.

If you have done a CPL, and have some instructional experience on top of that then you can't be far from the 500 total time mark.

Regards,

DFC

ECHIE
23rd Oct 2003, 05:09
Thanks a lot! I was already afraid of that. Letīs continue for a while on the SE.

Theo