PDA

View Full Version : West Drayton From Stansted?

Stud3
22nd Oct 2003, 16:51
Just a quick question which i thought would be most relevent in this forum.

Basically im flying down from Newcastle to Stansted on Monday morning, due in about 0900 and need to get to LTCC West Drayton by 1330 at the latest.

What would be my best route to take from STN?

I was thinking of getting the STN express bus to Liverpool Street station then the tube/local train service to West Drayton railway station, but i cant find any info on the web as to what trains go to West Drayton etc. Any ideas?

Thanks alot in advance

Bright-Ling
22nd Oct 2003, 17:25
Newcastle - Heathrow with BA!!!

Seriously - get a coach to LHR and then a cab/bus to west Drayton.

Stud3
22nd Oct 2003, 17:31
Cheers for the swift reply!

I think BA were wanting about £200 or just over and Easyjet were wanting £75.
The expenses are going to be claimed back from NATS so im trying not to rip them off as they advised on getting a train to Kings cross but after i told them it was cheaper by plane they agreed to accept it. Incidentally GNER were wanting £160 return for similar times!

Anyways, now hopefully i'll be able to enjoy the flying and be able to claim it back :D

RodgerF
22nd Oct 2003, 18:17
stud3

Trains go from Paddington about every half hour to West Drayton, but LATCC is about 15 minutes walk from the station.

ratt
22nd Oct 2003, 18:20
Paddington serves West Drayton station overland, so if you can get a tube there I think one runs about every 30 mins in the day.

LATCC is about a 10-15 min (although I don't think I've ever done that walk without popping into one of the many pubs) walk from the station. Just turn left on to the high street and follow the road until you come to Porters way on your left. Follow that and you can't miss the great big building on your left. Easiest route IMO.

If the weather is not good to walk then there is a minicab office at the station.

If there is a bus Stansted-LHR that may be an easier option and then get a cab to LATCC. (used to cost me £10ish by cab to my place just the other side of WD about 3 years ago)

Bright-Ling
22nd Oct 2003, 20:33
The expenses are going to be claimed back from NATS so im trying not to rip them off

If NATS are paying I would have gone by Business Class, then got an S76 to take me to nearby Crowne Plaza hotel and had the limo waiting.

...you are far too honest to be an ATCO....!:)

Buster the Bear
24th Oct 2003, 04:57
0.6 miles Depart West Drayton Train station on Station Approach (West). Turn LEFT (South-West) onto High Street. Bear LEFT (South) onto Station Road. Arrive Porters Way, West Drayton UB7 9

SUMMARY
Driving distance: 0.6 miles