PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Concorde

PH-UKU
21st Oct 2003, 23:15
Good luck to all the folks involved in the last round of flights, it will be a very very sad day indeed when the last one touches down :( I well remember being in tears when I heard about the crash at Paris - we'd just had a 'stop all deps to Paris message' and were wondering why :{

Personally, I'm shattered that these beautiful machines are being grounded. Also pretty sad that I never got the chance, but think that for all the other punters it's a real pity that we hardly get a look in here in the frozen north. No last flights to Glasgow and not even a farewell visit to Prestwick where all those years of crew training took place :(

Not even a machine for the museum at East Fortune - seems rather cheesy that the USA get two after all the moaning they did when it first entered service which effectively killed the orderbook ..... and as for parking one in Barbados ...... you've got the sunshine you b******s, what more do you want ?

Well, perhaps I'll get to work the one that visits Edinburgh on Friday, that would make up for it a tiny bit .......

Anyway thanks BAW for your part in prematurely killing the dream - then again we've never really figured much in your plans up here.
:mad:

ATC WANABE
22nd Oct 2003, 02:39
Wasn 't there something about virgin buying the concordes up though???

bagpuss lives
22nd Oct 2003, 03:01
I'll be saying my goodbyes tomorrow sadly - although perhaps it'll only be aś revoir if it comes to live with us full time.

As for the Virgin thing I bet that'd only happen over the dead bodies of the directorship of BA. It would be, for them anyhow, a PR disaster - "Hail Branson...saviour of Concorde" :)