PDA

View Full Version : a/c equipment VFR night flying

genius-747
21st Oct 2003, 20:58
Just wondering if anybody knows the exact equipment/lighting/avionics etc.. that must be on board an aircraft (ie: C172 etc..) to fly VFR at night in Ireland.

I do realise that VFR at night in Ireland must be made within a CTR and it is somewhat different in the UK, but if anybody knows the MEL for VFR night flying in the UK, I'm sure it's not that different here in Ireland!

Thanks

Mark 1
22nd Oct 2003, 20:25
According to Schedule 4 of the UK ANO: Aeroplanes when flying at night for purposes other than public transport shall carry:

Scale C
(i) Equipment for displaying the lights required by the Rules of the Air.
(ii) Electrical equipment, supplied from the main source of supply in the aircraft, to
provide sufficient illumination to enable the flight crew properly to carry out their
duties during flight.
(iii) Unless the aircraft is equipped with radio, devices for making the visual signal
specified in the Rules of the Air as indicating a request for permission to land.
Scale D
(i) (a) In the case of a helicopter or gyroplane, a slip indicator.
(b) In the case of any other flying machine either:
(aa) a turn indicator and a slip indicator; or
(bb) a gyroscopic bank and pitch indicator and a gyroscopic direction indicator.
(ii) A sensitive pressure altimeter adjustable for any sea level barometric pressure which
the weather report or forecasts available to the commander of the aircraft indicate is
likely to be encountered during the intended flight.