PDA

View Full Version : CAA Safety Evening at Kirknewton Airfield - 23 Oct 03

Circuit Basher
21st Oct 2003, 16:48
Just in case some of the pilots north of the border are unaware, this is to advise you that Central Scotland Flying Club has arranged a CAA Safety Evening at Kirknewton Airfield in 661VGS Briefing Room on 23 Oct 03.

I've checked the CAA GASIL Web Site (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_gad_gasil3of2003.pdf ) and I attach an extract from the relevant bits, together with other Scottish / Northern dates.

CAA Safety Evenings - Winter 2003-4
The venues for the CAA Safety Evenings already organised for the coming winter season are listed below. There are only a limited number of these events every year, so each is effectively a 'regional' evening. Every GA pilot, flight instructor, engineer, or indeed anyone associated with GA operations, in the area is invited and indeed strongly encouraged to attend. No matter what organisation may be hosting, the evenings are relevant to all forms of general aviation.

Any aviation organisation which would like to host one of these evenings in the future should contact David Cockburn, either by e-mail at [email protected] or by letter to him at General Aviation Department, Aviation House, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex RH6 0YR.

Most of the evenings are free, although a small charge is sometimes necessary at the door to cover the cost of
hiring the venue or providing refreshments. In addition, everyone has the opportunity to win prizes donated by generous sponsors. It is usually appreciated if those attending let the organiser know of their intention to attend, to give an idea of probable numbers.

The events start at 7.30 pm unless otherwise advertised, to last approximately 2½ hours including a short intermission. The main speaker from the General Aviation Department will usually be accompanied by a guest, often from another department in the CAA, and discussion and questions are encouraged.

The programme is also available on the GAD website at www.srg.caa.co.uk/ga, and any changes will appear
there as they are arranged.

Date Venue Contact Tel No
20/10/2003 Carlisle Aerodrome Terminal Brian Peacock 01228 573490
21/10/2003 Prestwick Aviator Lounge, Airport Terminal David Lennox 01292 476523
23/10/2003 Kirknewton 661 VGS Peter Kelsey 01506 885555
11/02/2004 Glenrothes Tipsy Nipper Bob Malcolm 01592 753792

The contact number for Kirknewton is the Central Scotland Flying Club (do not be surprised if you only ever get an Answerphone!). Places are limited, so it is worthwhile calling to register.

Apologies if this is of no interest to some of you, but felt it worth letting you know about the event, as I've not seen any advertised in the Central Scotland belt for a few months.

Circuit Basher
23rd Oct 2003, 20:06
Just in case anyone is proposing to come to this, here is a map (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=311500&y=666500&z=3&sv=311500,666500&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf) for how to find the airfield in Kirknewton; the entrance to the airfield is by the '7' in B7031!

See you there - I'll be one of the ones in a striking pale blue number!!

PM me if you need my mobile number (although I won't respond to any PMs sent after 1600Z).