PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa

bar shaker
20th Oct 2003, 16:29
I quite like this.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/uk/collections/skyhawk/JR3080_51L/images/closer.jpg

Also in plain stainless or titanium, if the blue and yellow aren't your thing. Anyone got one?

Spec at Citizen's website (http://www.citizenwatch.com)

vintage ATCO
20th Oct 2003, 16:58
Does it tell the time? :confused:

:D

bar shaker
20th Oct 2003, 21:24
VATCO

Cut me some slack, I was born a gadget freak ;)

For £299, I thought it looked pretty good. Its solar powered so never needs batteries too.

I've left an ad out at home for Mrs Shaker to find, so fingers crossed.

Timothy
20th Oct 2003, 21:35
Vintage

Only at 20:09:35 and 08:09:35 every day in New York

W

gingernut
20th Oct 2003, 22:09
Last watch I had like that was bullet proof, water proof, shock proof, shower proof, and fire proof.

Lost it !

Ended up buying a plain analogue from Argos, £4.49, big numbers, big hands and a clear face ! Great when at 1500 ft and brain not working as sharply as it should !

Citizen on does look pretty sexy though !

dublinpilot
20th Oct 2003, 22:33
I can imagine the solar power being very useful, considering it would spend 99.9% of its time covered by my sleve :(

Barshifter
21st Oct 2003, 05:19
Gingernut

"The time sponsored by Argos is...........":p

You and me too,I have the £5 stopwatch with built in time from the above store.Who needs a fancy time piece!
Its rather nice though do you think ebay may have a cheaper version:D

Barshifter

wher2guv
21st Oct 2003, 06:31
it shutsdown when its under your sleeve dublin.

Argos have the earlier Quartz version for 179.00 there almost Identical except the Quartz needs batteries and the eco drive stores the power for upto 4 years try your local H Samuels and ask if they'll give ya 10% off it'll save ya a little bit.

I know someone who works there and got a nice staff disc.

andyb79
21st Oct 2003, 08:04
i bought a seiko kinetic 2 years ago and would highly recommed them, doesnt need batteries and in the 2 years i have owned it it`s lost about 2 seconds (well up to when i need to change it for summer time etc) and it doesnt have loads of fancy features so when you need to check the time in some nasty windshear it takes no more than a glance

LowNSlow
21st Oct 2003, 12:21
Yuk :yuk:

I'd rather have a sundial on my wrist! At least it would be slightly less cluttered than the face of that thing (IMHO of course)

treadigraph
21st Oct 2003, 14:47
Blimey - it looks like you'd be wandering around with yer watch wrist ploughing a furrow... :) Might take Santa's sleigh above its MTOW!

Treadders

Pilgrim101
21st Oct 2003, 16:31
Is the photo 1:1 scale ?:}

Charlie Zulu
22nd Oct 2003, 02:50
Can I have one named "Citizen Eco-Drive Pup" not "Citizen Eco-Drive skyhawk"? ;-)

Also what happens if you go into cloud on an approach? Does the watch stop??? A bit stupid when you need to do some timing for the Missed Approach Point... ;-)

<laughs> :-)

My stopwatch is a 10 buck affair from Walmart (needed one and wasn't paying $30 for nearly the same thing in the pilot shop). My last stopwatch was a £45 (with clip) analogue one from Transair which promptly fell out of its clip on my kneeboard and smashed on the ground, never did work again.

I'm sure walmart made the stopwatch for deaf people... its buzzer is really loud - easily audible over the noise of a piston engine with David Clark's on. Very handy for timed approaches. :-)

AerBabe
22nd Oct 2003, 03:00
Nah, I don't want one of those. I'm quite happy with my Tag Heuer Santa sent me last year. ;)
This year I'm hoping for a DHC-1.

I'm not holding my breath. :(

Keef
22nd Oct 2003, 03:19
A Chipmunk, AB?

Somehow, I saw you more as a Yak person. I'll tell Dave not to bother.

Off to Lt Gransden on Thursday - should be quiet, with everyone at Cardiff.

mad_jock
22nd Oct 2003, 03:31
I have had one of the ecodrive diving watches for about 6 years now.

Thing is brillant, on my second strap now.

It very rarely drops below LV2 on the bat gauge and half an hour driving the car normally sorts that out.

Diving wise its been down to 60meters no problems and the watch face seems very robust having diving cylinders whacked off it nearly every trip.

I think though the bezel on the skyhawk is a bit useless, if they had a standby alt watch with a normal time bezel that would have been more useful.

MJ

Charlie Zulu
22nd Oct 2003, 04:19
Hi Keef,

Give your mount a bit more of a stetch into a different country... not france but Wales, ATC still speak English so nothing to worry about there! ;-)

We'll all be there.

I'd better warn Mel behind the bar / restaurant that everyone is turning up at Cardiff and will be hungry after their "international" flights.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Keef
22nd Oct 2003, 07:46
CZ - I'd love to, but Dave's busy at work and needs to get back smartish. So we nip over to Lt G in formation, he leaves the Yak and we nip back to Sharon & Tracy International.

Have you ever seen a Yak 52 and an Arrer in formation? Not a pretty sight... especially not if you're in the Arrer!

That's the trouble with going on hols - it's berserk for weeks after you get back. Otherwise I'd be at Caerdydd on Thurs and Eefro on Fri.

Working Sunday too. We'll be in Wales from the following Sunday, so if you venture up the civilised end, gissa yell and I'll drive down to EGCK for a bacon butty...

What's this about ATC speaking English in Wales? Have you told the Viet Taff about that? You'll get red tongues painted all over the tower and the taxiways and the rest!

My pet draig goch interprets for me!

AerBabe
23rd Oct 2003, 02:53
Keef - Who's Dave?! :confused:
But yes, I have enjoyed the bit of back-seat flying I've done in the Yak-52.
Mustang would be nice too.....

Keef
23rd Oct 2003, 08:08
AB - Dave is "Dave the Boatyard", one of our group who also has a Yak52. We fly together quite often.

The two of us went to the PFA Rally in the Yak - you don't mean you missed that greaser right on the numbers?

And if you haven't met Dave, well...

willbav8r
23rd Oct 2003, 08:22
I have one of the original battery Blue Angels jobbies. Lasted about 12 months, then went screwy. Took it to a watch person, and a computer engineer. Neither could fix it. Suppose I should try Citizen, but there is this nice Breitling.......