PDA

View Full Version : where to rent from near Orlando

golfbug72
15th Oct 2003, 19:10
Can anyone make any recommendations of where would be good to rent a warrior or 172 from near Orlando - going to be there Oct/Nov this year on business and looking to do some flying as well providing my meeting with the FAA goes well next week to get my FAA license

BRL
15th Oct 2003, 19:14
Hi there. Just type in Florida to the search engine here and there are millions of threads all to do with renting/hire in Florida/Orlando.

18greens
15th Oct 2003, 23:07
I've tried this. There is not a lot around Orlando considering its attraction for other reasons.

All I've ever found is Orlando Flight Training at Kissimmee and COMAIR which is a big commercial school at sanford. Unless you want to fly a harvard, mustang or the heilicopter out of Mash thats it.

OFT is quite good, a bit expensive but friendly and nice planes.

BigEndBob
16th Oct 2003, 01:45
Try Air Orlando at Orlando executive airport.
172sp for $104 very nice and friendly bunch of guys.
Make sure you take along three references back in Uk for a security check.
They charge $35 for instructor time be it air or ground, so this could add up to the equivalent of an hours rental for the checkout!

golfbug72
16th Oct 2003, 04:51
Thanks folks - will take a look as you have all suggested and try narrow things down - thanks for the heads up re taking references as well

BRL
16th Oct 2003, 05:12
Thanks Golf. If you do get a result and are happy with it, would you please repost here so others can benefit from your findings.
Many thanks and good luck,
Brl. :)

Warped Factor
16th Oct 2003, 05:14
Sunstate Aviation (http://www.sunstateaviation.com/) rent out the new build C172SP at Kissimmee. I think they're located over near warbird Adventures.

WF.

The Rookie
17th Oct 2003, 01:16
I've rented from Kissimmee Aviation at Kissimmee Municipal - at the end of Patrick St - other side of the field from Warbird Adventures.

Friendly staff and nice aircraft :D

golfbug72
4th Nov 2003, 05:29
Well thanks folks - I looked around when I was there and the option I chose was to rent a Warrior from Orlando Flight Training - did my training elsewhere in Florida and was my first visit to them but seemed pretty well set up and organised (organized for anyone from OFT reading this!)

Check out was organised to suit me then plenty availablity when I wanted to rent

the warrior I rented 70FT was in superb condition well kitted out - not the school aircraft I expected - not may students seem to use it as mostly in 152/72 and Cadets - perhaps due to price which at $101/hr is a little steep - but when compared with good old blighty, a very good deal - I will use them again if in the area and perhaps go further afield than I did as the Garmin GPS was most useful and unexpected luxury.