PDA

View Full Version : PETROPAVLOVSK!!! - UHPP

Diesel Man
15th Dec 2000, 05:35
May be flying Nome - Petropavlovsk late December on ferry and then on to Kansai. Any inside info on Petro and the routing would be appreciated from those with experience in the area. Boeing 717 - range 1800+

TowerDog
20th Dec 2000, 15:06
Well, no experience into Petro as we dropped it in favor of Kabarovsk.
We did study up on Petro however and a 12000 feet mountain on down wind comes to mind.
Nasty place if I remember right.

Kabo was more userfriendly, long rwy, fairly flat, and friendly airport staff.
They give ya a briefing with clearance etc inside some big wooden building.
Can be some confusion going in there as to what procedure etc to use.

Have not flown that route in years. Pretty quiet on the Russian airways at night, we were the only plane in the sky for hours and hours.

Sorry, not much help. Good luck.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

battwistingtastic
22nd Dec 2000, 23:57
Worth the stress dodging the cumulo granitus (volcanicus) for the mega scenery. Wish I could come too.

Tor
27th Dec 2000, 11:27
If you havn't gone yet. Don't trust their forecasts, they are AMD or COR every 30 mins.

A320 SFO
27th Dec 2000, 12:46
If you're having a nightstop (layover) there lots of nice birds....if not then plenty of black label Stolichnaya Vodka

------------------
Low Energy..Low Profile

JJflyer
31st Dec 2000, 02:07
Ther is another place where you can stop for fuel before Petro... I was there in September 3 times. UHMA = Anadyr. Long runway a bit rough though but helpful people. Used to be a fighterbase. Think it was a couple of hours flight from PANC.
Need a F/O with delivery and DC9 Experience email me.

JJ

Diesel Man
9th Jan 2001, 23:56
Thanks for all info on Petro - ended up going the other way due to uncertainties with forecasting, wind and weather.
KLGB(Long Beach) - KMCI(Kansas City) - CYYR(Goose Bay)overnight - BIKF(Keflavik) - LFSB(Basle)overnight - HECA(Cairo) - OOMS(Muscat)overnight - VCBI(Colombo) - WSSS(Singapore)overnight - YBRM(Broome) - YWLM(Williamtown Air Base)
Total distance 15,541nm
Block Time 38.7
Air Time 35.5
Fuel Burn 70,300KGS
Average Fuel Flow 1980KG/HR
Boeing 717-200 VH-VQB

Diesel Man/Diesel Crew