PDA

View Full Version : BY and Servisair strengthen relationship

transwede
8th Oct 2003, 02:07
Britannia have just renewed their Ground Handling Contract with Servisair, covering 22 UK and Irish airports. Does this mean that BY will (thankfully) move back to Servisair at NCL? Groundstar who currently handle BY have been absolutely appauling this summer! :mad:

What are the 22 airports? (NCL Please.............!) :ok:

Lazlo
10th Oct 2003, 18:46
Transwede,

Not quite sure what on Earth you are talking about! Groundstar service at NCL has actually been very good this summer with the vast majority of BY flights leaving early, let alone on time. I certainly hope that the contract does not go back to Servisair. My experience has been that the service provided by Groundstar has been superior to that of Servisair at other bases. It is not without its faults but neither is Servisair.

Lazlo

redfield
10th Oct 2003, 23:53
Transwede - sorry, NCL is excluded from the new 10 year handling contract signed at the other 22 airports with Servisair. I've never fully understood why BY chose to have a different handling agent at one airport anyway - can anyone shed any light on this?

Standard Jet Dep
14th Oct 2003, 00:11
Redfield- I heard a little while back in my days while working at BRS that the reason Britannia have one station different from the rest was experiment with a different handling agent at one station in the UK. I think it used to be BHX but then a few years back changed to NCL. However I could be very wrong with this info.
There again every station is very different from another.

delay code
14th Oct 2003, 23:52
Speaking as one that knows-Groundstar at NCL have good record as far BY are concern.