PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - where next?

babydoc
7th Oct 2003, 04:11
A news item on the Jet2 website recently talked about more planes arriving. Any ideas on where they are going.

LBA? or a new base?

XSBaggage
7th Oct 2003, 04:14
Presumably since they are advertising for more flight crew in LBA they will indeed be based there?

babydoc
7th Oct 2003, 04:31
OK

What about routes?

Localiser Green
7th Oct 2003, 05:56
From a pretty reliable source they will at least start operating the (recently dropped) LBA-LGW route.

It was the most popular choice by their website visitors in a recent poll where the airline asked customers to choose where they wanted it to fly next.

Announcement expected in a couple of weeks I recall...

KAT TOO
7th Oct 2003, 07:14
Interesting choice!
In the past previous operators have always complained about the lack of revenue, that said back in cityflyers days it was a feed for BA, but they moved i think? a 1000 pax a week at the peak.Unless the fares are really good i don't think to many will use it as a feed for the Gatwick charter market, still it might be a good(or cheaper) way to get to South London.Used Capital a few years back on the 360 for the old CAA exams.Still shan't need to do that **** again(i hope!!!!)
Good luck to them.

Localiser Green
7th Oct 2003, 07:27
At the right price there is certainly a market for a bit of competition with bmi (LHR route).

Though it has to be said several carriers over the years have tried LBA-LGW without significant success.

I find LGW just as easy as LHR for getting into central London anyway with the Gatwick Express, tube takes forever from LHR and the Heathrow Express is half the price of the MAN-LHR return flight in the first place!

ILS 119.5
7th Oct 2003, 16:12
If you have read the LBA News there will be one 733 arrivig in October sometime and one in the new year. I think that next year they may operate an extra LEAL or LEMG due to the demand. They will certainly be trying to take the PAX from the Planetair routes. Amsterdam, Nice, Barcelona and Bergamo are still proving to be popular, so I think these routes will continue. There are other possibilities such as Murcia, Ibiza, and Faro (which they are operating during the winter).I do not think that EGKK would prove beneficial as from my experience this was mainly used for aircrew/cabin crew positioning for work. With the arrival of the BM A319 in the new year to use on the EGLL route I do not think it is beneficial for Jet2 to start a Gatwick route but we'll see. The EGNM-EGLL is probably the best (financially) route BMA have, and I think that they are strong enough to hold off any competition. Sometimes you can get a return for about £50.00. You have to realise that this is nearing the end of Jet2's first season and this has been a "testing the water time" for them. So most of next years routes will be the ones which make money, any other routes will be a trial. I have been told, but I think it is a load of b#####ks, that Jet2 and LBA are not making any money yet. I can see this from the airline but if LBA has seen an increase of at least 0.25 million passengers beacause of Jet2 how can this be!

Findo
7th Oct 2003, 16:48
PIK based. 2 x daily Amsterdam and another European destination.

Localiser Green
7th Oct 2003, 17:54
With the arrival of the BM A319 in the new year to use on the EGLL route

Didn't think bmi had yet announced what routes the A319 would be flying on? Or are you assuming they will replace F100s on the network?

MEFLYBE
7th Oct 2003, 17:56
I would think Jet2 ARE making money, their flights carry a good load factor with a variety of fares, high and very low.

With 2 new aircraft for next summer, i would think the following are possibilities for new routes:

London LGW
Belfast BFS
Jersey
Venice
Munich
Murcia
Ibiza
Tenerife
Paris CDG/ORY

I would also think that Malaga will go twice daily.

How about basing a couple of aircraft at Humberside as a route of expansion? Local support already in place and with enough catchment area to support both markets.

Regards

Mike

HOODED
8th Oct 2003, 04:13
Heard a rumor they may be looking at Newquay! This came as a surprise to me but dont RYR do it from Stanstead? Either way they'll do well as they are tapping into a large catchment area which until they came along wes underserved.

ILS 119.5
8th Oct 2003, 17:09
LG

The A319's will replace the F100's, the minibus is due at LBA sometime in the new year. The first BMA delivery wiil do the LHR-GLA route, and the second the LHR-LBA route. All the LBA based crews have to be converted by the end of February 2004, in the meantime the route will be operated by non LBA based crews. The F100's are going to the Far East somewhere. All this is correct apart from the timings, which maybe quicker or slower.
Regarding Jet2 routes, there are far more routes to be considered. Frankfurt, Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Paris Le Bourget, Montpellier, and maybe more in Italy. All these are seasonal and we shall see. My personal choice, after being employed in aviation for 20 years would be, SUMMER:- Alicante, Malaga, Palma, Ibiza, Barcelona, Nice & Faro. WINTER:- Salzburg, Geneva, Innsbruck, Munich, Bergamo and one in France such as Chambery. The other routes which are Prague & Amsterdam can probably continue all year round due to their popularity.

ILS 119.5

KingoftheRoad
8th Oct 2003, 23:38
The bmi website says the first A319 is to go on the LHR-BRU route, followed by various European & Domestic routes.

There are currently six fokkers flying for both mainline & baby. With four A319s ordered and only three delivered in 2004, I can see the F100s being around for a while yet !

Roger Miller.

Uncle Monty
9th Oct 2003, 00:40
Looks like a BFS is a goer. There was story in one of the local rags this week suggesting a deal was imminent.

ILS 119.5
9th Oct 2003, 13:14
You are probably correct with the BRU route. But I don't think the Fokkers will be around for much longer than I said. Once one goes then they will all go for crewing reasons.

mmeteesside
9th Oct 2003, 14:17
If the first A319 goes on LHR-BRU then does that mean it will come on LHR-MME as well?..as our F100's swap with BRU's F100's.

mmeteesside

KingoftheRoad
9th Oct 2003, 16:43
It's quite likely mme.........

However, with the Winter schedule starting on Oct 26th, the daily route pairings will possibly change. Also the new slot times are taken into account, along with the likely pax loads.

All done in the name of 'Maximising Revenue', which of course is what it is all about.

So you see you 'never can tell' 'til you actually see it sitting there on the tarmac !!

Roger Miller.

ALLMCC
9th Oct 2003, 17:48
Does look as though BFS may be in the running although it is likely Jet 2 will have their work cut out - last time LBA was served from BFS was a few years ago until Air UK transferred to BHD and then discontinued the route after Flybe started. Flybe have operated the route since then without competition and will do whatever they have to to maintain their market share.

Also, Jet 2 will face the wrath of Easyjet at BFS. Good luck to them they'll need it!

Uncle Monty
9th Oct 2003, 19:46
LBA-BFS seems like an entirely sensible choice.

It is a goodly distance from all easyJet's English bases. Re any additional services, as long as they choose routes that don't conflict with EJ, they'll probably do OK.

Why shouldn't LBA work out of BFS work? Every other loco service seems to be doing OK.

cosmijewel
11th Oct 2003, 05:36
Does anyone know if and when they might have some other bases - the missus isn't keen on LBA

kpiko3
13th Oct 2003, 19:01
I would say Prestwick as they would probably like to see how the Scottish market runs,also there was a strong rumour from the PIK management that they would be basing an aircraft,used for a twice daily service to Amsterdam and another European route,which I think would be Geneva or Alicante.

kpiko3

MEFLYBE
13th Oct 2003, 21:30
I would think it unlikely that Jet2 will move into PIK.

It's parent Channex is also involved with flyglobespan, who are pulling out of PIK in favour of GLA.

It would'nt make sense to go in with Jet2.

Regards

Mike

14 loop
14th Oct 2003, 05:01
Wait for it you 'orrible lot!

But - cosmijewel - if the wife doesn't fancy LBA then I'm afraid you'll probably have a limited choice as the airport on't hill is likely to feature highly in Jet2's plans. Most Tykes like it!!

Even us exiles like to get back, Compton's nice and all that but a POL 1X is better!

ILS 119.5
14th Oct 2003, 06:08
The 5th 733 arrived at LBA tonight.

glynn-kayes
15th Oct 2003, 07:30
i believe that jet2 are to announce lba-bfs this thursday or friday,and thats from their tele res department,apparently res staff have been briefed that an announcement regarding the same is due at the end of the week...

KAT TOO
15th Oct 2003, 15:56
Any one know what routes they are doing over the winter? thro Leeds the other day and from the South side they seemed to have 3 737 parked up most of the day, well at least for the 3 or 4 hours that i was there.

Belfast would be great, but i would like to see them do a Dublin, then again i guess MOL would go ape at a 0.01p a sector plus tax

Going loco
15th Oct 2003, 15:58
LBA-BFS services start 17th November. 2 x daily in the week and a SAT morning and SUN evening service at the weekend. Seats currently selling at £1 in each direction.

www.jet2.com

G_Loco

glynn-kayes
22nd Oct 2003, 08:26
Apparently,JET2 have had a fantastic response to their LBA-BFS route launch so far with nearly all weekend flights in both directions being sold out,even though they sold all the seats for just a £1 each way,for november.I,ve tried to book some seats for the end of november and the response is "sorry flight full".Unlike others on this forum I think FLYBE have their work cut out for them what with another route to contend with as far as competition goes,and FLYBE dont like competition.When faced with it, they sell seats at £0.00 and just charge the tax but how long can they last charging nowt for a flight.Id love to work in their revenue management dept for a day.FLYBE boast of 38% pax figures more this year but thats all down to all their new bases and increased flying programme but id bet their yeild per pax is down way low.I wonder what their percentage figure is at bhd for pax lost what with BMI and EASYJET at BFS competing on all the routes they used to charge a fortune for.I bet they dont post those figures on their website

ALLMCC
22nd Oct 2003, 16:39
"Jet 2 have had a fantastic response to their LBA-BFS route launch so far" So what! As anyone knows a new route will always attract a certain "novelty" value with people curious to find out what kind of service they will get with a new carrier.

It should, of course, be borne in mind that the £1 fare is only for November after which it will revert to £19, exactly the same as the internet fare Flybe are currently offering - Flybe have always offered a good service on BHD-LBA with a decent spread of flight times and whilst Jet 2 only offer 2 per day, Flybe have at least double that.

It remains to be seen who will win out at the end of the day! Flybe are not going to simply bow out just because they have a little competition from a fledgling carrier who have yet to prove themselves!

brabazon
22nd Oct 2003, 16:59
ALLMCC

Jet2 may be a fledging carrier in the sense that it is a new venture for the Dart Group, but I don't think that they are the same as a completely new start-up with no background in operations etc. I think that the bosses of the Dart Group would not enter the market lightly and would be clear as to what their potential is on a route such as Belfast. The proof will be in the passenger figures from December onwards and how FlyBe respond.

AQUAPLANE1
22nd Oct 2003, 20:16
Has anyone considered LBA-LUT as an option???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no, no, no
22nd Oct 2003, 20:40
why would anyone want to fly between Leeds/Bradford and Laura Station, Austraila??????? can't see it working myself!

brabazon
22nd Oct 2003, 20:54
no,no,no I think you mean Australia and I think Aquaplane1 meant LTN - didn't Capital do LBA-LGW?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
22nd Oct 2003, 21:29
Capital did LBA-LGW and LBA-LTN I believe.

AQUAPLANE1
22nd Oct 2003, 22:25
Ooopps I did indeed mean Luton.
If Capital used to run both routes which was the most utilised??

brabazon
22nd Oct 2003, 22:35
I don't think Captial did LBA-LTN, they did LTN-DUB. Have a look at CAA data for what the traffic was on LBA-LGW - they operated in about 1989/90?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
22nd Oct 2003, 22:38
As far as I can remember Luton was an early out-late back daily that was basically just a positioing flight for the 146 for it's day of LTN-BHD's. Always cheap fares though and OK for a day in the smoke.

brabazon
22nd Oct 2003, 22:41
I don't think Captial did LBA-LTN, they did LTN-DUB. Have a look at CAA data for what the traffic was on LBA-LGW - they operated in about 1989/90?

Double entry - sorry.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
22nd Oct 2003, 22:44
Heard you the first time!! They did though, I went on it in my youth.

brabazon
22nd Oct 2003, 22:48
Sorry, don't know why that came out twice....

I hadn't realised they sold it as a revenue flight, though I guess they had to position the aircraft. Also I couldn't remember if they did BHD as well as DUB (or just BHD). Did anyone go on their flights to AGP - somewhat marginal with the 146s that they had...

LGS6753
23rd Oct 2003, 03:06
Capital at LTN

In October 1989, BZ were operating 3 DUB flights on weekdays with 146s and 1 with SH36, also 2 BHD with SH36 and 1 with 146. The SH36 night-stopped in DUB (or at least, didn't return to LTN). The 146 left for BHD at 1740G and returned at 0810G.

I feel sure they operated to/from LBA on a 'fare-paying positioning flight, but I can't find the details.

Incidentally, they were competing with 4 daily FR 1-11s to DUB and two BY732s to BFS.

gonnow air
23rd Oct 2003, 04:55
The word is that all the crew are at a big bash tonight, they are going to be told about the plans for the future before the big official announcement tommorow.
My guess is:-
1..pmi, alc and agp to increase frequency to twice daily
2..fao, nce and prg daily
3..a london route, probably stn
4..a german route, fra or berlin?
5..a paris route, probably orly daily
6..extra rotation around weekend for ams and if popular bfs
7..bgy only a couple of days a week
8.. venice, murcia, rome, ath and a scandinavian route with low frequency to test the waters for S2005.

Anyone got any others?

Any crew want to break the news early?

KAT TOO
23rd Oct 2003, 06:16
I hope they do Paris, i am told that if they do then baby will come to LEEDS and then we might get some good deals next Summer on the Spanish runs:cool:

Buster the Bear
23rd Oct 2003, 06:20
In thier final throws, Capital did operate a Leeds-Luton service feeding thier 146 from night charter work from Leeds and sched maint. Arrived at Luton 07:30ish and dep to Leeds at around 22:00ish.......

KAT TOO
23rd Oct 2003, 16:12
How novel

Fancy tell'in the crews before the Press & cleaners!!!:ok:

Frankfurt_Cowboy
23rd Oct 2003, 18:47
Are they all hung over or what? Taking their time announcing these routes aren't they?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
23rd Oct 2003, 20:37
According to BBC Look North it's Venice and Murcia. Looking at the website, trying to peer around the side of the bird in the bikini, it would appear that Venice is a straight swap for "Milan". Not quite the loco bunfeast that a lot of people were anticipating.

Localiser Green
23rd Oct 2003, 23:51
And Nice........

Frankfurt_Cowboy
24th Oct 2003, 00:01
They did Nice for Summer 03 so I don't think it can be counted as a "New" route, granted it's not being dropped like Bergamo.

So I suppose the debate as to what they're going to do with all their a/c remains. Here's the plan for summer 04:-

Summer 2004 destinations
Alicante – increased from four services per week to a daily service
Amsterdam – Twice daily service continues (Once daily Sat & Sun)
Barcelona – Daily Service continues
Belfast – Twice Daily service (Once daily Sat & Sun)
Faro – Increased from 2 x weekly service to 4 x weekly service
Palma – Daily Service
Prague – Increased from 4 x weekly service to Daily
Malaga – Daily service with twice daily services added during school summer holiday periods
Murcia – New destination – 3 x weekly service
Nice – Increased from 3 x weekly service to daily
Venice – New destination – 4 x weekly service

And another (sixth) 733 to be added to the fleet

HOODED
24th Oct 2003, 05:00
All good stuff and very sensible growth. Shame though I was hoping for a Paris or Frankfurt but I guess slots are the problem here. Would have thought an Orly would have been an option, but maybe Jet2 heard that BMIBaby were looking at it. Still looking at FC's list there is still room for further expansion given 6 LBA based machines. Question is where are they going to put them all? LBA has 17 stands.

6 x Jet2 737
4 x BMI 135/145
2 x EZE J31/41
1 x BMI F100/A319
1 x KLM F100
1 x BY 757/767
1 x MYT 757/A320/A321

Therefore 1 empty stand so where do you put the early morning FlyBE Q400 and RYR 737 when the deicers pack in!

Just a thought!

KAT TOO
24th Oct 2003, 06:09
Hooded

Will not be a problem when man with JCB starts on the grass to the East of `C` and it will mean the end of 09/27 except during the day when everything is away flying so the boys on the South side won't be upset, then again its closed at the minute anyways so it a good job the wind is down 32 for a change. On the routes front (Jet2) I can only think that this is part `A` as its still not a lot of usage for 6 733?

HOODED
24th Oct 2003, 14:57
KAT TOO is this going to happen before the 6th Jet2 ac arrives in January then? Can't help thinking winter isn't the best time to be laying concrete!

KAT TOO
24th Oct 2003, 15:49
Hooded

Not sure on the timetable, but a bit of `compo`will sort the frost out! What with the work on the "new" temp: terminal (a tent?!) a new (mini) hotel being built over the road and the road works at the front it seems the least of their worries is winter, well judging by this weeks de-ice farce!!

The work on the South side is nearly finished and the old Yorkshire Light hanger is looking impressive, just goes to show you can put lip stick on a pig!!

The bird on the jet2 website doesn't need any tarting up, wonder if she's one of their hosties, perhaps i should have applied after all!!:cool:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
24th Oct 2003, 18:51
Hooded - there is more chance of a snowball in hell than Jet 2 getting slots at Orly - you've only got to think about all the hassle EZY have had trying to establish a base there!

dbromle
25th Oct 2003, 03:03
I realise it's sad knowing this but Capitals flights were
BZ751 dep Leeds 0655 arr Luton 0740
BZ752 dep Luton 2030 arr Leeds 2116

I recall that on at least one of the Shorts they had a big advert for the Luton service pasted up at the front of the cabin.

With regard to the query re Capital's 146 to the Med, I did this once-Intasun package-and distinctly remember the disappointing catering. I think most passengers had been execting some form of hot meal on the evening return flight and all they got was coffee and biscuits.

Buster the Bear
25th Oct 2003, 03:09
Buster gets it correct again!

LBAir
26th Oct 2003, 07:18
BMI look set to start a head-to-head battle with JET2
They're slashing the LBA-LHR prices, Servisair have WON a major contract with BMI to supply a new dimond lounge, to be doubled in size over the next month or so. Why the investment???

MEFLYBE
26th Oct 2003, 21:22
Head to head battle? How so?

That would signify that Jet2 competes with Bmi on the LBA-LHR route, which it clearly does'nt. Bmi is not in a battle with Jet2 in ANY way.

Regards

Mike

KAT TOO
27th Oct 2003, 02:22
The old lounge wasn't big enough to swing a cat and you'd needed to be a silver or gold card holder to get in there.So if you've bought a business ticket you have to sit in gate 11 with everyone else looking at a cafe thats never open.
If they are opening a new lounge that will allow all C class cutomer access then i think it will help get more people to sit forward of the curtain, which at Leeds used to be an hell of a lot plus with the Bus coming sometime in the new year that should help.
As for Jet2 they are at this time having no negative effect on bmi in fact the opposite, as a lot of new people flying from Leeds (with Jet2) are discovering that bmi have quite a good route net work with (at times!) some very good fares.

When Jet2 first advertised that it intended to operate from Leeds, it ask the good folk of Yorkshire where they wanted to travel to, and many replied "Paris" unaware that bmi have been going there for years but, bmi been bmi never told anyone.

Still it will test the resolve of the poor old Glasgow paxs to endure the ATR of Titan for the next 5 weeks due to heavy maintenance on the ERJ's:sad:

ILS 119.5
28th Oct 2003, 04:49
Do you really think that LBA will remove the grass to the East of the C holding point? Too much money they will just suck it and see. Runway 27 would be obsolete if they did. Could use 01/19 but only in the 19 direction ensuring that the light stuff lands past the apron and only if certain stands are free. Only joking about 01/19. If LBA finds that there is not enough room to park all the aircraft then I think they will use temporary stands just like the new temporary check in facilities for Jet2. This is what they call "Reactive Management" and not "Proactive". In the end it costs companies more money which is shortsighted. I can only think that some people can only see 6 months ahead and not what they could do for the whole yorkshire region for the future. You learn a lot from hindsight but good foresight is where the money is made. I bet that LBA will always be catching up with the airlines and thier requirements rather than looking ahead to see what they may need. I remember seeing a press release regarding low cost airlines and it said that LBA do not want to use these companies, now they are saying that it is the best thing that has ever happened. As I said "FORESIGHT", LBA could have done this years ago.

LBAir
28th Oct 2003, 06:13
I couldn't agree more, LBA has forever tried to keep up with the airlines. If Donky International had never happened, the Leeds bosses would have been quiet happy, just to let rot. NOW all of a sudden, they realize that if they don't pull their finger out, other airports will reap the rewards for Leeds' losses. The new food village is the only thing the airport has got spot on, upto press. What LBA really needs realistically, within the next five years is a new terminal.

As far as the question for apron space goes.... I have spoken to persons at the Multiflight training school and have asked them about the possible loss of the cross runway. They have told me it will not make a great deal of differance to their opperations.
Looking at previous years when LBA has extended its apron, it has had to build the land up, prior to laying concrete. This is expensive. I would put a bet on 27-09 going within 12 months. The new check-in has 16 desks or in apron terms thats another 5 stands?? 27-09 going!! :p

AQUAPLANE1
2nd Nov 2003, 19:12
So, since the 2004 routes have now been announced do we assume that there is to be no UK north-south feeder route??
Surely this would be justified! :* :* :*

Joe Curry
2nd Nov 2003, 21:41
>>A news item on the Jet2 website recently talked about more planes arriving. Any ideas on where they are going.<<

Two of the fleet turned-up at EDI this week..

This one (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=175485 )

And This One (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=174138)

One was rumoured to be subbing for Flyglobespan but perhaps
there was another reason for their appearance.?

HOODED
3rd Nov 2003, 01:13
Joe, I believe they are talking about 2 new ac one of which has just arrived G-CELC and is LBA based. Their 6th ac is due in January and is also supposed to be LBA based but their current planned routes from LBA for summer 2004 do not justify 6 units even if one is a standby ac. Watch out for either more LBA routes being announced or maybe a new base!

LBAir
3rd Nov 2003, 03:38
I spoke to the man with the know, he commented that JET2 are commited to LBA and that they want the airport managers to know that. He said we're in it for the long term, we want the airport to understand this so they can proceed with their plans.

I am sure we are going to see many more interesting developments from JET2 and the airport. Its going to be an up-hill struggle to shrug off the old stigmas of the past. We have to remember LBA is making a profit, as it always has done, it is a success, but yes, there is a long way to go. Its time to prove itself.

4Screwaircrew
3rd Nov 2003, 05:25
G CELC positioned from Manchester after a sub for Astreus and is covering for TF ELR which should be G CELR when she next appears in EDI. Don't know what LX was doing.;)

KAT TOO
3rd Nov 2003, 16:45
09/27 Debate!

It is possible to have your cake and eat it. Leeds needs overnight parking and the eastern end offers the cheapest option for the airport, the club(Multiflight don't fly much at night(after 7.00pm) and most of the Embraers and 733's are not parked before 8.30pm so nose in parking accross 09/27 (after the grass has been dug up) is not a problem. It works up at EDI(12/30) and you still have 09/27 for the odd windy day for them that can use it.

Joe Curry
3rd Nov 2003, 17:04
Thanks guys:D

Are Channex/Flyglobespan/Jet2 connected in any way?

Interesting to hear that TF-ELR is re-registering ,does that mean
that the CAA are nodding through that in-cabin cargo door
or am I talking rubbish.?:O

4Screwaircrew
3rd Nov 2003, 23:35
Channex and Jet2 are part of the Dart Group and operate on the same AOC, Globespan is a customer and we have aircraft in the Globespan livery, we own LR and TF-ELC is supplied by Islandsflug.

G-CELP + G-CELR were operated as TF-ELP/LR on the Islandsflug AOC but are now being operated on our own certificate. This was because the door had not been approved by the CAA, following modifications and a rework of the door on both machines the CAA is satisfied and has allowed the aircraft to be placed on the uk register:ok:

Other than as a customer Globespan has no connection with Channex/Jet2.

Joe Curry
4th Nov 2003, 15:06
>>Other than as a customer Globespan has no connection with Channex/Jet2.<<

Thanks for the informative reply 4screwaircrew! Now about those
trucks sporting Jet2 livery we see around the UK?:8

4Screwaircrew
4th Nov 2003, 15:39
I have yet to see one of these trucks but they are part of the Fowler Welch fleet, and are painted up to advertise Jet2 as they go about the country. Fowler Welch are part of the Dart Group.

ALLMCC
10th Nov 2003, 16:49
Noticed in local press at the weekend Jet2 looking for pilots/FO's/cabin crew to be based in Belfast - according to schedules a/c will not be night stopping at there so why are these vacancies being advertised?

Could it be that some of the a/c are QC's and may be used for overnight freight/cargo flights from BFS by Channel Express - otherwise seems little point in seeking locally based employees if no a/c will based at BFS.