PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need's hourbuilding in US

TKPILOT
7th Oct 2003, 02:51
Hey just wonder if anyone need's hour building in the US...
I need someone to share 100 hours of flying, we both log's the hours as iam doing FAA.
And we both split the cost, but you can stay for free..
Send me an email on [email protected]
It's a Piper tomahawk

J-Heller
7th Oct 2003, 05:26
Think it would be illegal for you both to log the hours!

You are either PIC or not, no half measures surely?

JH

TKPILOT
7th Oct 2003, 05:33
one logs as normal PIC, the other as safty pilot or simulated instrument flying under the hood.
It works in US, but not in europe...
lot's of schools does it over here...
Airdesertpacific
Ariben Aviator.
and i was told that Tyler also does (but this im not sure about)
What eurpoeans can use is the normal PIC, and the americans can use both

bruciato
7th Oct 2003, 05:54
Hi,

What school are you going to build the hours at? Twin single etc?

TKPILOT
7th Oct 2003, 06:43
Im not going to any school, im renting a Piper tomahawk for 46 dollars an hour, at an airport in minnesota, and i get it that cheap because i buy that amount of hours...
I dont want to get any money out of it, just want to same some if possible, and also good to learn from each other...

onehunga
7th Oct 2003, 15:50
Suggest you do a search on logging hours and what is and what is not legal. This has been discussed numerous times. Usually in relation to the "cheap" multi hour packages advertised in various flying magazines over here in the UK.

Here is one such thread that you might find useful:-

URL=http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87610&highlight=logging+hours]

In the UK under JAA rules it is not possible to log pilot in command time where you have a safety pilot or for as an example 2 people in a aircraft certified for single pilot operations to both log PIC. The rules say that you must be the sole manipulator of the controls at all times (I think!!).

I am not sure where you are based but suggest you check your own local rules if outside of the UK.

FlyingForFun
7th Oct 2003, 16:15
Agree with onehunga.

Any hours you log in this way could be counted towards requirements for the FAA, but are no use at all in JAR-world.

FFF
-------------

TKPILOT
7th Oct 2003, 19:15
I kow that...
2 JAA pilots are not able to both log, the time. because JAA dont count the safty pilot...
BUT 2 FAA or 1 FAA and 1 JAA pilot should be ok

TKPILOT
14th Oct 2003, 21:10
Hey i also have a c. 150 or 172 avalibel if anyone would like to build some hours in the states with me....
Again we just split the cost equal...round about 25 dollars an hour and we both log, the time...

FlyingForFun
14th Oct 2003, 21:32
TK,

Forgive me if this sounds a little harsh. You've been told on two separate threads that JAR pilots can not log time as safety pilot, yet you continue to advertise for someone to fly with you and log the time, apparently ignoring the advice that this is only useful to FAA license holders - even if you yourself hold an FAA license.

You now appear to have three separate aircraft in which you plan to fly. This doesn't sound right to me - are you really planning on flying all three? What dates are each aircraft available? Where are they based? Where do you plan on taking them?

I know you're just trying to find the cheapest way of doing things that you can, the same as most of us, but the way you are coming across on these forums does not inspire me to trust you. I'm sure that if you came up with a definite plan, and then looked around specifically for an FAA license holder to hour-build with you, rather than desperately posting information which is lacking in detail, self-contradicting and incorrect, you'd get a far better response.

FFF
--------------

onehunga
14th Oct 2003, 21:40
I think perhaps that he is after the JAA pilot to be PIC and him to sit there logging safety pilot time under the FAA rules. Either way he plans it as a JAA pilot should the CAA ever query my hours I would not want to be in the position where I am asked pointed questions about how I got my hours. Worse still is if he was later to convert to JAA and the CAA find out that we had both logged time on the same aircraft on the same date, time etc. Better staying well clear if you are JAA of these types of arrangements IMHO.