PDA

View Full Version : performance theory,pj swatton

m&v
19th Jan 2001, 23:40
Gentlemen and Ladies,anyone any info' regarding the mentioned book? which portends to cover JAA performance!!
"Aircraft Performance Theory for pilots"
P J Swatton,Blackwell science
isbn 0-632-05569-3
Any info gratefully recieved
Semi Rtrd A320 capt
aaronvt&telus.net

Ex Oggie
24th Jan 2001, 03:27
Humm........Pete Swatton currently of PPSC?
Ex ETPS performance and dynamics guru ............ the mans a walking computer in my opinion, mind you the lectures left me brain dead. If its edited well, it would most likely tell you all you would ever need to know.

cheers

[This message has been edited by Ex Oggie (edited 24 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ex Oggie (edited 24 January 2001).]

TopSwiss 737
24th Jan 2001, 21:16
Pete Swatton?? The guy tought me Perf C, A AND some meteo at PPSC... I agree fully with Ex Oggie, but the guy got me through the writtens, so I'm happy...

Captain Cautious
29th Jan 2001, 02:53
PJ Swatton, I've never met the bloke,but bought his book last year as recommended by one of our TRIs. An excellent book that proves to be an invaluable reference on this rather heavy subject.- Not exactly bedtime reading unless you suffer from insomnia. It sits on the shelf amongst the other well thumbed publications- 'Handling the Big Jets' and 'Bill Blufer's FMC guide'. I'll recommend it to any professional aviator.

CC.

HugMonster
3rd Feb 2001, 01:50
Pete Swatton - admirable guy, really knows his stuff, puts it across well, and tells truly awful jokes.

I also recall him in the classroom @ PPSC shouting out as one student passed the door:-

"They shouldn't allow bloody fishheads in here!"

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip