PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Topics?????

250 kts
1st Oct 2003, 01:38
Is it me or was there a topic about conference motions and the future restructuring on here yesterday?

Where is the topic now?

bagpuss lives
1st Oct 2003, 01:54
Perhaps the topic creator deleted it?

Only he/she or the moderator has the power to get rid of posts.

250 kts
2nd Oct 2003, 01:58
Thanks for that. Can't believe it would have been the moderator so i guess the originator realised what a load of B******s he was talking in the first place. ;) ;)

bagpuss lives
2nd Oct 2003, 02:53
Yeah - it wasn't nearly as much fun as the "uniforms for ATCOs" wind-up was it? :D

BALIX
2nd Oct 2003, 06:04
Hey, the uniforms issue wasn't a wind up, there really has been a 'task force' (two watch managers to be precise) set up to look into the idea of a dress code at ScACC.

It hasn't made any reccommendations yet, though...

bagpuss lives
2nd Oct 2003, 06:06
I therefore "reccommend" that this task force shove off and never darken our unkempt and scruffy doors again :)

They'll be asking people to shave and shower before work soon!

2nd Oct 2003, 14:02
The rumours of "dress code" show exactly how detached the current breed of management has become from the shopfloor, although down here at Swanwick the operational/non-operational ratio means that the problem of "scruffies" is non existant!.....in addition we are separated from visitors by a screen of trees.

BALIX
2nd Oct 2003, 15:38
At the risk of turning this 'Where have the threads gone' thread into an old yet missing thread (I think), the reason the two Watch Managers were tasked with this issue was

a) To give them something to do. Bear in mind that the Watch Manager post was created out of nothing a few months ago, creating an extra layer of management where one didn't exist. Meanwhile, some Bank Supervisors became Watch supervisors and some shopfloor ATCO IIs became Bank Supervisors, depriving the sectors of people with useful validations. This was in the height of summer when we were short staffed and contributed to the necessity of employing AVCs at vast expense (in addition to the additional expenses incurred by all the temporary promotions). As you will all know how NATS works, the Watch Manager trial will be hailed as a great success.

b) Because someone (allegedly) came to work one day with a tee shirt adorned with the legend 'BOLLOCKS' 'TESTICLES' 'NUTS' etc. whose occupant claimed it was a testicular cancer awareness shirt but senior management took a dim view of.

I expect the two watch managers concerned will come up with an agenda, decide on a plan of action which will be put out to consultation, all the feedback will be taken on board before they produce a final report which will reccommend that senior management instigate the following dress code:

No tee shirts with the word 'BOLLOCKS' will be allowed.

250 kts
3rd Oct 2003, 05:16
What size T shirt?-not XXL Bollocks I hope.

Oh no that would have certainly been a manager wearing one of those wouldn't it.;) ;) :D

we are everywhere
6th Oct 2003, 19:48
we will see what is b******s when the motions do come out. One thing I have learned, there is always some truth in any wind up. And some even turn out to be totally true ask the NATS board ;) .
Dress code is true!!!!
The missing Topic true?????????????????????

Isnt NATS just great!!!!

Hope the motion previously mention is B******s.

Lon More
6th Oct 2003, 20:05
Maybe it was moved to where it belonged, the (G)NATS Forum?

Jerricho
6th Oct 2003, 23:55
Trust me Lon, moving it to the NATS forum would just about equate to deleting it.