PDA

View Full Version : any jobs in the north west

aces low
26th Sep 2003, 20:43
Once again, looking for a job closer to home. I currently live in Manchester and looking or a part-time or full time instructing job. So far TT=900, instructing 550 hrs with IMC and night tickets. Have been working away for last six months and need somewhere closer to home. Have tried usual suspects but have failed to get much response (or even the curtesy of returned phone calls from a well known local aero club) .

Does anybody have some inside information on where instructing vacancies will be appearing?

Thanks

G_STRING
28th Sep 2003, 20:16
Have heard on grapevine that Welshpool flying school, based at mid wales airport, are looking for part time instructors. Mind you thinking about it, that's probably too far away for you

aces low
29th Sep 2003, 18:23
Thanks for taking the time to reply...yes Welshpool is a little to far. Problem when working away from home (apart from not seeing the family) is that you incur expenses regardless of whether you fly or not. My main reason for trying to get a job within an hour's drive of Manchester is to cut down on unnecessary expenses...the quest for hours is no longer my prime motivation.

hairycanary
1st Oct 2003, 17:19
If the flying school you are referring to is Barton, they are pretty busy at the moment and tend to prefer to hire instructors who show their faces. If you live in Manchester I suggest you get round there as there is some activity at the moment. The CFI is in every day except Friday & Saturday. I've also been told that Ravenair have recently lost instructors, although that would involve you travelling to Liverpool.

Either way good luck.

Holdposition
3rd Oct 2003, 04:45
The fact that phone calls aren't even returned is unforgivable in my view and that club dosen't deserve a visit no matter how busy they seem.

aces low:

If you haven't got fixed up yet I do know that there might be a job or two going at EGNH, can't say which club but shouldn't be too dififcult to work that one out! Whatver you do don't go to the a???hole on the corner will you. Mind you it is about an hour travelling by car and bit more on a bad day so might not fit in with your requirements. If I can help anymore feel free to pm me.

Good luck and cheers.