PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Morris @ BNE

jerrry
25th Sep 2003, 08:13
HI all,

Has anyone worked for this company?
Off to drop in my details in a few weeks, thought I'd try and get a heads up on the place first.

Thanks all

Jamair
25th Sep 2003, 20:57
Without doubt the UGLIEST fleet of PA31s this side of a scrap yard :yuk:

Doesn't look like any of them have seen a paint shop or interior refinish since they left Lock Haven 20 + years ago.

Never met the man but the presentation of the aeroplanes.......:ugh:

If you get a guernsey would be interested to hear an inside opinion of the setup......good luck.

Rich-Fine-Green
26th Sep 2003, 03:39
Without doubt the UGLIEST fleet of PA31s this side of a scrap yard

:)

Jamair;

Passing thru AF a while back, I had the same conclusion.

I thought they were wrecks waiting to be scrapped until I saw pilot & pax get in!.

Checkerboard
26th Sep 2003, 10:25
From my experience with the guy don't expect a warm reception from him.

He has a reputation for his inabililty to be nice to someone looking for work.:D

Metro man
26th Sep 2003, 11:37
How very true! Treated like **** when I went to see him .Couldn't even be bothered being polite .Give him a miss ,not worth it :yuk:

cyclops camel
26th Sep 2003, 12:01
Was driving through Toowoomba last month while on holiday back home in Oz when I noticed a nice looking Citation on the ramp. Called in to have a closer look and met two pilots in the "terminal". We got chatting to discover that neither was the jet jockey but one of them was waiting for Arthur's Navajo to come in from the west. Their duty day is so long out to the rigs in central Oz that they can't operate the whole flight so this poor ****** got off early in the morning and spent the day at Twb's cheapest motel before taking over for the last leg of the day back to Brisvegas. Summary - a thirteen hour day for one hour in the logbook and a hundred bucks before you buy your lunch!
I don't think so.
And yes, the same old plane that Arthur had when I was doing rig pig runs in the Conquest back in 1993 arrived minutes later.
You can do better.

Counter-rotation
26th Sep 2003, 12:25
Haven't seen the machines lately, and if I was carting rig pigs maybe I wouldn't spend $$$ on presentation. Whether it all works OK is more important, obviously (though one can be indicative of the other).
Can only echo the sentiments above, with regard to Arthur's demeanour - never had a pleasant converstion with him yet.

Tucker
26th Sep 2003, 17:38
And I thought I was the only poor ****** to have had the unpleasant experience with this individual. Thanks guys, you have made my day reading your non complimentary comments:D

Good luck to anyone going for a job with him.........what a :mad:!

I'm gone!
27th Sep 2003, 10:29
Gday all,

Only those that have not had the pleasure to work for Biggles would bag the operation and the machines.

Top class machines mechanically even though they look a bit average. Good paint and interior won't save your ass on a stinkin hot day in the desert, but impeccable maintenance and operation of the machines will.

One of the best jobs I have ever had!

I reiterate the first line of my post.

Cheers,
I'm gone!

74world
27th Sep 2003, 12:02
G'day guys,

I've met Arthur f****n Morris over 10 years ago....sounds like he hasn't changed!!!!!!

I have to agree with all of the above comments.

Cheers....:p

Jamair
28th Sep 2003, 08:29
I'M Gone g'day bloke; I didn't bag the guy 'cause I don't know him; but I do bag the birds. (That's the PA31s, not the chicks.....)

I have also flown rig workers and while they often have a somewhat different perspective on the world than other passengers, I would not refer to them as 'rig pigs' any more than I would refer to other clients in that manner. I have had some very enlightening conversations with these folks.

Perhaps the contractor does not require nice aeroplanes, just safe ones - fair enough. BUT this operator also flys ad hoc Charter and in my opinion the condition of the aircraft reflects very poorly on the industry generally. Note: MY OPINION.

Visualise someone hopping off a International or Domestic jet or even a Regional turboprop, onto one of these aircraft for the last stage of a journey. Would their opinion of General Aviation be enhanced or detracted by the interior of torn, faded, smelly orange velour seats and the exterior still showing the faded RFDS artwork, with the leading edges and radome abraded down to metal / fibreglass? Passengers don't generally know what's going on under the cowls so their opinions are formed by what they see.

While my primary focus in my small part of the game is obviously the best humanly possible standards of safety and performance, I also make sure the aeroplanes LOOK as good as possible - it's just good business (I think). Cheers.

jerrry
29th Sep 2003, 12:46
Thanks everyone for your input, certainly very enlightning!

Looking for multi work around Brisbane on Chieftains or C310's.
Had heard about him from others that had a similar opinion.
Not in a real hurry go in seems a tad wasted effort.

Just got ATPL licence with just under 1000 Multi Command, any takers???????

May have to head back down south.........

Thanks again

Jerrry

Ace on Base
29th Sep 2003, 22:07
I agree with all above also............. Arthur :mad: Morris dealt me no hospitality six or so years ago when I too dropped in to say gadday and hand over a resume...........

He took my gleaming white resume, (didnt even look at the front page), screwed it up into a ball in front of me and threw it into the bin behind the counter!!

I actually thought he was having a bad day......... Didnt take me long to work out he was just a :mad:, Arthur :mad: Morris...........

Now, now Ace, behave! I'm sure you had a better upbringing than that! :=

Woomera

I'm gone!
30th Sep 2003, 14:17
Gday all,

Maybe I missed something whilst thoroughly enjoying the experience gained and the enduring friendships made during my time with Arty.

Show some character and some persistence men! Did you chuck it all in the first time things didn't go well??

I am yet to see the Chief Pilot ANYWHERE welcome a wannabe with open arms and give them a great big cuddle just to make things all nice and cosy, just like when Mummy pick you up from school!:rolleyes:

Cheers,
I'm gone!

Tucker
30th Sep 2003, 17:16
I think you really did miss something I'm Gone. 11 negative posts versus your single positive post. I am not in the habit of "bagging" people as you say, but surely common sense prevails in this case as the numbers certainly stack up against the cretin. As Robin Williams once said somewhere, Arthur :mad: Morris is is more dire need of a b***job than other any white man in history:O

PS. A course in personal tact might help him too!

Transition Layer
30th Sep 2003, 19:50
I'm gone! -

I am yet to see the Chief Pilot ANYWHERE welcome a wannabe with open arms and give them a great big cuddle just to make things all nice and cosy, just like when Mummy pick you up from school

A while back I did the rounds of the equivalent operators at Bankstown, and while I was a fair way under the minimums for most of the companies, I was always treated with respect, especially by Rod Crane at Crane Air.

He was no doubt quite busy the day I turned up, but took the decency to sit me down and tell me how I could go about gaining employment there, and how the Bankstown scene worked. I was probably in his office for a good 15-20 minutes and at no time did he treat me like I was wasting his time. Told me a few good stories and seemed like a real character!

I don't know this Arthur Morris bloke from a bar of soap, but I tend to think he is in the minority with how he treats potential pilots. No-one expects to be given a "great big cudddle" mate!

Cheers,
TL

Ace on Base
30th Sep 2003, 23:02
I’m Gone,

I am sure that he could be polite, it’s a part of all man kind.

BUT, wannabe, or no wannabe, there is no need to treat a potentially excellent employee like shyte. This is so stereotypical behavior of dubious operators in g.a.

Maybe he took a shine to you, BUT, to be frank, he did me a favor......... taught my naive personality that C.P.'s fit into 2 categories - some C.P.'s are fire trucked, and some are blinkin' good blokes that are worth the extra mile that most pilots willingly put in.

I know the above mentioned has nothing short of a POOR reputation within the aviation fraternity, and frankly, glad his company doesn’t tarnish my resume!!:ok:

Appologise Mr Moderator - sometimes its my mothers genes that arc me up when a topic strikes a cord - you know what I mean!!

Metro man
1st Oct 2003, 06:53
When I did the rounds looking for work ,most places I went to had no jobs going at the time. However almost everyone was polite about telling me. Some companies at least looked through my resume and some gave me advice and possible leads ,one of which eventually led to a job. Skytrans and Air Swift were patricularly helpfull.

Arthur Morris was without doubt the rudest ,most unhelpfull person I came across during many hours of door knocking. He treats pilots looking for a job like some kind of sub human low life scum.

Aviation is a small industry and what goes around comes around. Ten years down the track the new CPL who he was so rude to may be the chief pilot refusing to help him out with a breakdown.

Does he have to work at being nasty or does it just come naturally ?

Sheep Guts
1st Oct 2003, 08:00
Well guys there is another operator that gives you the same welcome as known by Mr. Morris. And thats Luther the Boss Owner at Gunbalanya Air Charter in Low n Smelli in Western Arhnemland N.T. When I approached him about 6 years back he said " you wanna Job c@#$%^?". But then again Oenpelli isnt really too harsh an environ as Brisbane ?:E

Gday Luther Mate!:ok:

I'm gone!
1st Oct 2003, 18:32
Gday all,

I'm yet to see a post from anyone else who has actually worked for the man, only those that gave up the first time things didn't go so well.

I really don't wish to further wind anyone up, but from start to finish in reading the above posts, I can't help but think "What a bunch of sooks!"

It is nice to be treated with respect, couldn't agree more. But respect is earned gents, not awarded 'cos you have a frickin CPL and an instrument rating!

I sincerely hope I havn't upset anyone any further :ok:

Cheers,
I'm gone!

Skin-Friction
1st Oct 2003, 20:33
I'm buying into this subject because, well let's face it, it is cathartic to have a whinge! - but also, I've got to look at these god-forsaken scrap heaps every other day, and I'll tell you, it's not easy on the eye!

I just cannot understand how a fare paying passenger would get on one of these dung pile machines. The engines probably are half reasonable, but the appearance is pure putrification - Do I make my point?

I have heard - and since this is a RUMOUR network - why not say it - that Arthur's poor pilot's receive $140.00 per day for their trouble. Makes packing at woolies look like a very attractive proposition! - particularly if you have to go and fork out 10 grand for a rating - followed by a few years spent getting a very brown tongue!

I haven't met the person and won't buy into the argument about what sort of a guy he is, but I do agree with a previous poster in saying that It gives general aviation in Queensland a bad name having these machines present to the public every day - they are quite shameful.

Freek Flyer
2nd Oct 2003, 08:27
Hi everyone, I worked for the man for about 2 years. Some of the best experience I have ever had.

I think you will find that most peope who have worked their loved the experience and would not give it back for the world. With regard to the pay, the work is all casual so you get casual rates, but you do get a little more than 140 per day. Remember some days are very very long while others are very short, so i think the daily rate evens out over a year.

Most guys get in with about 1000 hours total time with maybe a little multi, then for the next couple of years you get about 60 hours / month twin engine all IFR, very valuable experience. Don't expet to get a look in unless you know someone who works there.

I think you guys were a little harsh on the aircraft, 4 navajos all up, 2 look like ****, and 2 look decent. The crap ones are used for the desert work. Maintenance is the best i have seen, all done by Rapair at AF. Broke down once in 2 years due to a starter motor problem.

Most of the comments have been negative because most people have not worked there. I guarantee anyone who has worked for Mr Morris will talk highly of the job. But he is still the rudest person I have ever met. Always good to his pilots though, pays when he should, super etc, and no matter how much he dislikes someone always gives them a great reference for future jobs. I think it is really pointless knocking on the door unless you know someone, sucks but thats the way it works.

Poto
2nd Oct 2003, 18:17
Lets not mix up the issues that have been brought up here. His machines may be crap, his pilots may gain valuable experience working for him (I know most end up pushing thrust levers forward somewhere sweet), and you get to live in Brissy for your troubles but why oh why does he need to treat an enthusiastic, willing to work very hard and capable young pilot like some sh@t he stepped in on the way to work. :yuk:

Not nescessary, I have spoken with stacks of young hopefuls and at the most inconvenient of times but I never ever carried on like this. Just a simple sorry we are not looking for drivers thanks leave the cv there & good bye will do:ok: That's about as harsh as it needs to get even after years of it.

the wizard of auz
2nd Oct 2003, 18:40
I'm not in the market for a job, but I might take a CV with me next time I'm over that way and present it to him.
and when he does the rude bit I will let him know in no uncertain terms what he is and what his gear looks like.

theres no point in getting all arrogant with newbies... or anyone else for that matter. most won't stand up and have their say coz they're looking for a job and dont want to upset the applecart. Its because of these poor young (and some not so young) pilots that dont say anything after being treated badly, that people get away with doing rude stuff to the next guy.
get a back bone you fellus and tell the guy he's a rude prick and his gear looks like sh1t.............. after all, he's just told ya to p1ss off and isnt likely to be digging ya CV outa the round file to find ya phone number, is he?

Captain Stoobing
2nd Oct 2003, 18:49
I did 2 years with the uncle.......hard........but the best 2 years of my GA flying. The machines are maintained to the highest standard. I understand things are tight at present. I hope they get better. You know the conditions up front and if you don't like them.....well......u leave. If you want good hours quickly you stay.

Cheers

Captain Stoobing.............soon we will be making another run.

exmexican
2nd Oct 2003, 20:02
Wiz,
If there's no point being arrogant with anyone, why would you march into some busy persons office with CV, just so you could give him a piece of your mind?(Don't give away too much)
Would this not be arrogance personified?
Cheers

Freek Flyer
3rd Oct 2003, 06:58
Wiz, you can march in there and say what you like but i guarantee he dosn't give a cr@p. On the other point i reckon most pilots that end up working there have had their cv thrown in the bin some time or another. This is just the sort of weirdo he is. Dosn't mean he dosn't like you, could infact mean the opposite.

OpsNormal
3rd Oct 2003, 08:16
Guys I think you'll find Wiz was thinking more along the lines of "taking it to" people of that percieved calibre, rather than actually go looking for a job.

If he is that busy, then why doesn't he do like many CP's? Set aside one morning a week for interviews, word will soon get around and he'll be able to get on with his job in peace.

I've never had a CP be rude to my face when looking for a flying job (OK there was one rude/arrogant bastard, but I was working for him in Rose Bay for a while), but at 6'4" and of respectable build, I guess I don't get the lip others do.

I once stopped over on Hamilton Island one day a bit over 5 years ago (was in the middle of a sailing holiday around the Whitsunays with family), and sheepishly wandered into HIA without resume or anything. I walked out of that office about two hours later after I.C. making the time to see me and also making me feel very welcome/cup of coffee/talk about all sorts of things and about life in general. There wasn't a job for me straight away, but that wasn't the point.

There are people who will take the time, and others who think the world revolves around them. I guess it is just human nature. Some don't even know they are being rude, and admittedly, some are a bit too precious and need to harden-up a bit.

Yo Jez, your logbook will speak for itself 'ole mate, if he's rude and nasty, then the loss isn't yours.

Be Cool,
Ops.

the wizard of auz
3rd Oct 2003, 15:28
exmexican, your right, it would be arrogance personofied..... sounds like thats what he needs though.
(your also right about not giving away too much of my mind........ wouldnt wanna end up an ATPL in the wild west now would I) ;)

freeks, your also right mate....... I would also gaurantee he would remember me a while afterwards though, and if he was a little bit more civil to the next bloke that walked in the door, it will have been worth it........ it would be worth it just for personal satisfaction actually. and I might just add, DILIGAF. ;)
I like being 6'1 and ugly, I dont get people being arrogant until after I've left. :p

exmexican
3rd Oct 2003, 17:40
Wiz,
Were you born ugly, or did a long line of 6'2" blokes make you that way?
(Damn, wish I knew how to put those little face thingies in my messages!)
Is the beer still cold in Leonora?

Jamair
3rd Oct 2003, 18:50
:confused: Hey Ops Norm, was it the rum, the beer, the backpackers, or the weather at CSP that gave you the 'respectable build' - or has something changed since I saw you last.....?:ok: Cheers mate:p

Morris does use the aircraft for general CHTR and they look like cr@p. It might be nice to get the hours but it would be embarassing to have to apologise for the aircraft to customers paying premium rates. Glad to hear they're well maintained, but I have always considered maintenance to be a holistic thing - the trims and the paint are also important factors in maintaining a corrosion free airframe.

OpsNormal
3rd Oct 2003, 19:15
Heya Jamair! Mate, a healthy thirst, a combination of the fantastic climate of the interior, a very healthy thirst, an 'honest' days work on a cattle station ;) .... did I mention an extraordinarily healthy thirst? :} all conspired to produce a well-padded product of outback life.

Such a pity about such things as hangovers... :ooh:

How's the Az? Did you end-up doing that run through here back when? Sorry if I missed you, have had a bit on of late, including preparations for a life-long bond... ;)

A mutual aquaintence of yours and mine was going to say "g'day" when/if you flew in too.... :)

Regards,
Ops.

the wizard of auz
3rd Oct 2003, 19:34
Exmex, Mate, I was born ugly. I was trained and paid to belt people, with the gentlemanly art of boxing...... and a few years of hanging around ringers, drillers, miners and other uncouth types has filled the knowlege gaps in the ungentlemanly arts............ and if they do manage to get the better of me,,,, I just go and have a few more rums, grow to ten feet tall, bullet proof and grow five rows of teeth. :}

Dunno about the beer. its awfull stuff, but the rum and bourbon are just fine. :ok:

all ya gotta do is click on em and viola :} :\ ;)
( and an ATPL at that. sheesh)

compressor stall
3rd Oct 2003, 20:12
Hey wiz,

Those five rows of teeth minus one after daisy struck back with her tip tank eh! :}

Thanks for the hoon yesterday! Mum's still raving about it!

CS

Ace on Base
3rd Oct 2003, 20:33
Stallie, Check ure PM.

Long time no chat...... How have you been, Still got as many takeoffs as landings??

Cheers

OpsNormal
3rd Oct 2003, 21:08
Geez wiz, have led that much of a sheltered life? We should have got ya on the door at Parra Leagues... ;) :)

Stallie, check your PM's! ;)

Jamair
3rd Oct 2003, 21:50
Ops - marriage, a great institution......but you know what they say about institutions;) Seriously, goodonya. I'll drink to your health & happiness.

Nah, the pax got as far as BDV and changed plans - they do that. Mutual acquaintance??? :hmm: Someone actually admits to knowing both u & me??? :E

The Aztruck is good, gettin 2 x new noise makers next week....still figurin out how to pay for that but.....:eek:

I have also recruited two new flight crew, to support daddies little co-pilot. They are expected to arrive in about two weeks and will be designated as SOs. The leader of the opposition / minister for finances / head of the war department is looking forward to their arrival as it will significantly reduce her peronal burden. Their formal titles will depend on plumbing arrangements - watch this space.:cool:

Wiz - if you're 6'2" how did you get your mouth down to Daisies tip tank level....or is that getting too personal.....should this move to Jet Blast? :uhoh:

jerrry
3rd Oct 2003, 22:13
Ops, thanks for the support bro.

Had one for you at the Big Fella's Engagement Party.

tobzalp
4th Oct 2003, 22:17
Pays what he should? ahaha. I know of 2 instances where he exploited the 400 hr types to cary the bags for him. Sat in his office a few times and I say he is an absolute subhuman. How dare he talk to people the way he does. If he was not in aviation with the glut of candidates, he would just have 2 pretty crap motorcycles in the garage of a flat in goodna.

Master of the House
5th Oct 2003, 13:40
He even looks like Hitler.

Lifegoer
6th Oct 2003, 14:52
Guys Guys Guys

You are forgetting that this is GA here. Not everyone has the money to paint aircraft. If you were aware His KingAir has been repainted and if you knew the regular ops of the company it is being used for the majority of charter. So basically the theory that they are bad charter aircraft is correct however, they are hardly used for charter. Secondly, taking rig workers to the elements of the desert hardly brings about the need to look pretty. As Im gone says, the aircraft are mechanically sound and are well maintained.
Arthurs personality has nothing to do with people getting a job or not, and as we all know its not what we know its who we know. Quite frankly I think you should give the guy fair deal. He has helped numurous amount of low time pilots gather their hours knowing they will move on. He takes the risk with them. Back off a little and look outside the square.:cool:

MAXX
13th Oct 2003, 07:45
i,m gone,

yes i agree mate ,respect has to be earned no doubt,however but there is an another little thing called common courtesy.

in my 15 or so years mostly in ga i would have to say my one and only meeting with mr morris was by far the most unpleasent experience of my aviation life.

i myself have been a chief pilot of a ga company and during that time i had many low time cpl's come looking for work.
even during the most flat out days i could always find a few minutes to talk to these people,even if it was to arrange a more convienent time to talk.(maybe like other chief pilots and management pilots i still remember what it was like out looking for your first job with 200 hours.)

for all those pilots out there no yet working, yes its a very tough time in aviation at the moment but if you are persistent you will get work.

hi on oz
13th Oct 2003, 18:32
All, why not be courteous, ring the man first, make an appointment, as you would with any other prospective employer.
Nobody marches in to the director's office at Virgin or QANTAS and demands a job. Just do it and see how 'Rude' the man will become!!

Don't opiniate your remarks ONLY on appearance. Which would you rather have? Extremely well maintained aircraft or ones that only LOOK like they are?

Arthur has given the majority of the pilots that have worked for him over the many years of his operation the start they desperately needed to slip into a cushy airline job within about 2-3 years.

The majority of the posts I've seen thus far would seem to be from very angry, short tempered, bad mannered, stuck up pilots, who, I would be surprised could hold a steady job in a junkyard!

Jamair
14th Oct 2003, 12:59
I have not commented on the man as I don't know him. I expect aircraft that I pay for to be both well maintained and well presented; I assume that others paying for a service would expect the same. My opinion.

If I wanted a word with the man, yes, I would have the courtesy to ring him first. Again, my opinion.

the wizard of auz
14th Oct 2003, 22:43
thats a bit rough cobber........ I held a job in a junk yard for yonks........ no problems.

152 Driver
16th Oct 2003, 07:38
Hey Wiz, how about when I get my CPL I come and work for you .... I could fly that shiny 310 around the sky all day....I'd really like to work for a Bonza bloke .... !!!!:D

the wizard of auz
16th Oct 2003, 09:52
I wish I could fly that shiny 310 around all day too........ just can't afford it, But your right......... I am definately a bloody Bonza bloke and working for me would be a great thing. ;) :} :ok:

Checkerboard
18th Oct 2003, 11:32
Hi in Oz,

Funny you should mention that you should phone first. Thats exactly what I did...........and he still was the rudest person I have spoken to on the phone in GA!!!!!!!:D

THE BAILDOG
11th Nov 2003, 20:20
Well why dont you gi#e him one TUCKER! You sound like an expert in the field. Talk about judging a book by its co#er. ( sorry the key between the b and the c is u/s ). Did you guys know that Arthurs pa-31 had a better break down away from base record than any regional/ mainline carrier in oz , except QF.
And as for you other girls crying about "how mean he was to me when I went to see him, grow some B*lls! He may be a mean old crusty C*nt but here is a simple solutuion to your problem. Dont go and see him. Let some more deser#ing pilot with some backbone go and get his twin time up quickly. If you people are going to let some guy like Arthur discourage you from reaching your goal then go for it. You can fly your pristine c310 while the rest of us go onto bigger and better things.:yuk: :yuk: :ok:

the wizard of auz
11th Nov 2003, 23:55
oh, well you just go on to better things then buddy. nice name change (you forgot all about ISP stuff didn't ya). Daisy's not pristine by any means........................... but I Own her, better than your going to manage driving for a cranky, rude old c*#t. ;)

suspicious
12th Nov 2003, 13:04
I know of a certain school at YBAF that is having it's instructors channelled into Mr Morris' employ.

So as well as what has been said here (I won't comment as I have never met him) he is possibly running his own boys club.

Same school that landed a straight CPL/MECIR student a job for a big Mt Isa company.

Amazing what can be achieved when you're one of someone's "little favourites". If you're not you become another statistic of the sausage mill.

:mad: amazing. Makes all the people who EARNED thier jobs out there queazy I'm sure. :yuk:

Captain Stoobing
14th Nov 2003, 05:06
Baildog, I hear you pal.

The uncle was never anything but kind to me whilst I was in his employment for 2 years. He cained me if I f___ed up but he got over it.
As for flying students being channled into GWA, I don't think so. Aside from the contractors insurance requirements, I still keep in contact with him ever few months and it doesn't sound like him. His pilots may take a young students on the odd empty flight to the desert to give them a taste of what a Navajo is like, but I don't think so.

IF he was such a bad operator, his contracting company would give him the flick and CASA would shut him down. In aviation there are always people that we don't get on with. Accept it and get on with your life and stop bagging an ecentric, but nice old man.

Capt. Stoobing:*

asw28-866
14th Nov 2003, 13:44
Suspicious,
What makes you think that the individuals concerned have not 'Earned' their jobs?

ByMyCalculation
15th Nov 2003, 14:23
Almost every guy that worked for the uncle got a bad reception the first time in the office!!! All kept coming back until they got a go. I'M GONE< BAILDOG and SUSPICIOUS are spot on with their comments.

Sometimes I think the pilots today, that is the newer breed, don't have anything better to do than sit on this forum and whinge. You are all a bunch of spineless p***ks. So he gives you a bit of a hard time. TOUGH. Maybe you're not meant to have the job. Did you ever think of that.

He takes a huge risk with the turnover of pilots that he gets. As someone else said almost every single guy that has flown for him is driving a big shiny jet now!!!! Best network to help you get the next job and is he ever PROUD of you when you do.Best flying experience you can get.

He has tidied up the charter Navajos and the king air has the paint job to cater for the charter. As for paying a premium price , well you have obviously never got a quote from the guy. Some pretty good prices that I saw when I was there, JAMAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't handle the guy then don't go there. I would suggest that all who have some experience give him a go. Best thing you can do.

Here endeth the lesson :ok:

Jamair
15th Nov 2003, 17:37
:confused: As for paying a premium price , well you have obviously never got a quote from the guy hmmm, BIG assumption dude.

Never met the guy, can't (and haven't) commented on his personality.

I concur, DEH (which was one of the ugliest of an ugly bunch) has (apparently?) been refurbished - how well I dunno, but from a distance it looks better than before.

My point, which still stands, is that the GA fleet is old and if it is to be taken seriously it needs to be kept schmick; my experience with those PA31s was that they were exceptionally ugly. The paying customer dosn't know that I have 2 x new engines and a new main spar - he sees the interior and the paint, so as well as spending big $$ on the running bits, I also invest substantial amounts in the bits the customer sees.

We are not all 'spineless pr!cks'.

Cheers.

onya
16th Nov 2003, 06:58
By My Calc,
You can sit in your bubble and sing the praises of this arthar moris character until the cows come home. However this thread is essentially about the rudeness of the man. If you think that it is justified to treat potential employees with such derision and then have the gall to express some level of justification for this behavior then it is you my friend that is horrendously mistaken. And don't sit in your pathetic existence and talk about your perceived "New Breed" of pilots. I suspect I've been polling aircraft around for a hell of a lot longer than you and I have never had to deal with the likes of this rude individual. It is unacceptable. Just because a person with backbone and some sense of morality won't tolerate an employer like this does not make him/her a spineless pr1ck. Quite the opposite actually. Good luck muscles. You'll need it.:hmm:
Onya

ByMyCalculation
16th Nov 2003, 07:35
Onya

Do you have multi crew experience ?
Have you never operated with another pilot that drove you nuts? Had to sit with that person for 8 hours in a cockpit and get along?
Did you know there are pilots like this bloke all the way to the top of the Airlines?

I suppose MY POINT is that you have to learn to deal with it. I definitely concede no one needs to be like that but as you find in aviation a lot, you can't change it from the bottom! Get in and change it from the TOP!

Sitting and whingeing about it is pointless. There is very valuable experience to be gained from the operation. And from him if you sift around enough. Makes you really think for yourself. Expects a lot from you and is uncomprimising on that. You end up a very valuable comodity at the end of your time there.

Jamair....No assumption. Have had quotes from him. KTU was refurbed and painted as well! On another point, why do his customers keep coming back? Maybe they like what he provides. He has a loyal client base that use the operation.

I really think the use of his full name is reprehensible by everyone here. Slandering him also. Very ugly

BMC

Woomera
16th Nov 2003, 10:46
I think you’ve all given poor Arthur a fair caning … time to call it quits! :bored:

Woomera