PDA

View Full Version : EGGW - EIDW

???pax
29th Nov 2000, 13:40
I was a passenger on an EGGW to EIDW flight recently and I am looking to get some information on the route taken.

At a guess I think it was OLNEY-HON-WAL-LIFFY.

Clearly there are some waypoints missing here, so if anybody out there can fill in the gaps and also provide me with details of the way back, then I will be a happy chappy.

Kind regards

Horsepower
29th Nov 2000, 21:24
???Pax,

Have a look at http://www2.fallingrain.com/air/airport.pl

Just key in your departure-destination information, level, speed etc. and you will get the route (without SIDs, STARs and so on) along with a map.

I’ve checked it against a few routes I’ve flown and it seems pretty good – but I wouldn’t trust any of this freebie stuff for real flight planning.

Have fun.

HP

30th Nov 2000, 04:06
Usual routing from EGGW to EIDW is an Olney departure followed by radar vectors towards Trent (TNT) vor climbing to FL280. Then usually direct Wallasey (WAL) vor or occasionally radar vectors. Flights are then vectored along the nortern edge of the UB1 towards EIDW.

Late at night a direct routing from TNT to LYNAS or DUB is normal.

Going the other way its vectors towards or direct to WAL. From there its the LOREL 2F arrival routing via PEDIG and CLIPY. Descent is arranged to be FL200 twenty miles north of CLIPY. After CLIPY its radar vectors to EGGW.

???pax
30th Nov 2000, 13:49
Thanks for the responses folks.