Streamline
21st Oct 2000, 15:47
Just curious

------------------
Smooth Trimmer

Wino
21st Oct 2000, 19:23
In a word NO.

Airlines negotiate their own fuel prices and it varies widely from place to place and airline to airline, and doesn't even track the price of a barrel of oil very well, because fuel is bought in advance on the futures market in a process called hedging.

Woe to the airline that doesn't hedge this year.

Cheers
Wino

411A
21st Oct 2000, 20:52
For your information: SNN, last week, contract fuel price thru World Fuel,
US$1.05/US gallon. All things considered, not too bad.

The Guvnor
21st Oct 2000, 21:23
In Europe/USA as a rough rule of thumb, I use US$1/USG. No one pays Posted Airport Prices (PAP) unless you're a private operator without the sense to get yourself a carnet (which is still expensive) or even better signed up with the likes of Universal, World Fuel, Phoenix, Tramp or the like.

The cheapest prices of course go to the airlines who buy it by the million gallons - and if they hedge their prices (as most do these days) they're laughing. I've heard tale that BA is paying something around 75 cents per USG at LHR for example.

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

OverRun
22nd Oct 2000, 04:44
Some prices quoted seem just a tad high. Most (large airlines) should be paying about $US0.91 per US gallon. BA could be paying perhaps $US0.81. Smaller airlines perhaps are at the $US1/US gall., and business jets could be up to $US1.20/US gall.
Variation by location should be minimal (except for a surcharge of a cent or two for remote areas).

BTW, hedging needs courage, committment and above all a big bank balance. Not all airlines are hedged, and fewer still are well-hedged.

GMS
22nd Oct 2000, 13:32
You can find the spot price in the Financial Times, currently U$ 345.00 a tonne.

[This message has been edited by GMS (edited 22 October 2000).]

pumuckl
3rd May 2006, 17:02
Anyone got any current prices (interested in prices in the UK)? Just curious as well.

Thanks. :ok:

Slavedriver
4th May 2006, 03:55
It's roughly $5/USgal here in Florida but discounts are available.

panda-k-bear
5th May 2006, 11:28
Current spot prices for A1 at major aiports around the globe are of the order $2.00/USG though you'll find a range from about $1.80 something through to almost $2.20 depending where you are and who your supplier is... if you aren't hedged, of course.

Thunderball 2
5th May 2006, 17:48
http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/economics/fuel_monitor/index.htm

Ignition Override
7th May 2006, 04:47
I must be seeing things ( ^ ) .

G-SPOTs Lost
7th May 2006, 17:58
We just paid 60p per litre :eek: