PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Check this out!!!

Soulman
12th Sep 2003, 18:54
Hey guys,

Was surfing the web earlier tonight and I came across this movie. Some of you may have seen it, but for those who haven't - this is a must have!!!

Unbelievable Landing! (http://www.scandva.org/upload/landing.mpeg)

Now that you've seen it, would anyone care to inform me what the hell went wrong here? :confused:

If you are indeed the pilot of this very aircraft - explain yourself! :p

Cheers,

Souls.

Loc-out
12th Sep 2003, 19:10
Why the hell should he explain himself?

Thay walked away from it, didn't they??

Front_Seat_Dreamer
12th Sep 2003, 19:13
I was on that plane - pilot blamed low level turbulance caused by local womens group meeting (lots of hot air) :O

Soulman
12th Sep 2003, 19:33
Why the hell should he explain himself?

Thay walked away from it, didn't they??

I notice that you are an Aircrew member in the U.A.E 'Loc-out'. Don't know how you land them in your part of the world, but that didn't look like the best landing I've seen. ;)

If indeed you think that was a passable landing, I'd love to see one of your standard or even better, one of your not so good landings. :p

Sorry if I struck a soft spot mate, but I for one thought it looked rather amazing.

Cheers,

Souls.

OzExpat
12th Sep 2003, 20:16
So.... how did the Dutch football team do? :p

A Very Civil Pilot
I'm not too familiar with the 'bus, but it looks as if there was some sort of control problem. On the 733, manual reversion after a hydraulic failure is a bit of a sod to handle.

Onan the Clumsy
Maybe he was trying to "shift the baggage within the hold so as to redistribute the weight" as has been described on another thread.

Should be done while taxiing though.

Notso Fantastic
13th Sep 2003, 00:34
Itīs fake guys! Do you think a nose undercarriage/wheels could take that punishment? Funny though, but even Airbuses wouldnīt porpoise like that!

LEM
13th Sep 2003, 00:50
Hahahahah!!:D :D
Yes it's fake, but an excellent one!!!

Flightmech
13th Sep 2003, 02:23
Looks like a rather large radio-controlled Airbus to me! Quite a good landing for such a little joystick! :ok:

BrunoF
13th Sep 2003, 04:27
Guys,

It's a fake video from Heineken, they edited it a lot.

At the end of the commercial: "Heel Holland Helpt", means ''everyone in Holland helps'' because they had a game that day I think (Soccer Game) Pilots did that to the oposite team that was comming to play... ;)

Bruno Francescoli.

Leviatan
13th Sep 2003, 09:33
Last time I checked, A320's didn't have nose wheel brakes :ok:

Onan the Clumsy
13th Sep 2003, 09:55
I looked at it again and It looks like an RC model spliced in between two bits of real film. The firsy splice is obvious and there's a slight shimmer at the second.

Very funny though.