PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet vs Pushback truck @ EDI

Dutchman
11th Sep 2003, 06:28
Anyone have some more info on the cause of the incident with EasyJet last week(2nd Sept.). in EDI. Flight. no.4461 AMS-EDI. Just curious as I was a passenger that day. We had as small run in with the pushback truck at the gate in Edinburgh. Talked to the ground crew quickly on walk up to terminal (exited from rear) said that the pushback truck was stationary and the 737 ran into it. Had a digital camera with me so took a few shots.

Here's a link http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued.php?id=64585

Speedmaster
11th Sep 2003, 06:39
The aircraft was pulling onto stand 1 after its morning sectors with the crew using the guidance system to direct them on to stand, however the ground crew has positioned the pushback tug (for it departure back to AMS) too far forward and sadly the aircraft hit the tug.
Aircraft was towed to a remote stand and had a new dome fitted the next day and is back in service. The leading hand on the ground was suspended I believe and the captain concerned is flying. To my knowledge he has not been disciplined.

A few days later the same ground company damaged a Ryaniar 737-200 by driving an electric tug into it and gashing it. The aircraft ended up in hanger at EDI

Dutchman
11th Sep 2003, 07:00
Cheers Speedmaster,

Thought it was odd, nose wheel was right on the mark. Anyway good to hear there are no consequences for the crew.