PDA

View Full Version : I want your helicopter!

pilotwolf
7th Sep 2003, 04:58
Well, subject to a few conditions of course!

The background is: I m doing (slowly) the JAA ATPL conversion of my FAA CPL(H), and I m looking to 'borrow' a helicopter to keep the practical side of things up to date.

I m looking for a R22, R44 or Bell 206 to use at or near cost price for hour building. But I will consider any other types if the right deal is on offer!

It needs to be within 1 hr drive of LGW, (I have aircraft I can use but they are 2-3 hrs drive away and it's not time/cost effective). As I wor shifts I am very flexible and happy to utilise the ship when you aren't...

I am quite happy to meet your insurance requirements and factory school if required.

It will NOT be used for any training except navex type things - no full down autos, run-on landings, etc!

I am happy to return the favour as safety pilot, washer, polisher etc.

Please PM or email me if you can help...

I KNOW IT'S A SHOT IN THE DARK BUT IF YOU DON'T ASK!!! :D

Vfrpilotpb
7th Sep 2003, 16:53
Hey, When you find this very certain person, allow me to share with you !

I'll pay £50 per hour all day if need be!!:ok:

pilotwolf
7th Sep 2003, 23:18
Perhaps I should re-iterate...

I am NOT looking for freebies here - I am more than willing to pay the costs of the machine. I m just trying to avoid paying (excessive?) flight school prices...

PS. Would also consider a share in the right aircraft.

leemind
8th Sep 2003, 18:32
What do you consider cheap for a B206 self fly hire? Most places seem to be £400?? what would be a reasonable rate u think?

pilotwolf
8th Sep 2003, 19:46
...£400.00 where's that?!

Nearest I ve had within a reasonable travelling distance was over £600.00

Flying Lawyer
8th Sep 2003, 22:17
pilotwolf

I haven't rented from them recently but I think HeliAir Denham and Biggin Hill Helicopters both charge less than £600 for a 206.

I'm interested in the £400 as well! ;)

Slotty
9th Sep 2003, 06:09
I've heard that Fast Helicopters will give a good rate of around £450 if that helps. :}

The Nr Fairy
9th Sep 2003, 15:07
FAST do £430 dual, £375 SFH, plus the obligatory VAT. No landing fees or other buqqeration there as well.

If you want a deal for mucho hours, speak to the Ops Manager Tim.

pilotwolf
9th Sep 2003, 18:21
Sounds like Fast might be worth a try - is that Shoreham or Thuruxton or both?

Especially liked the bit about no fees! My only conern is due to a school's higher usage is the flexability of the availabilty...

Thanks for the help so far.

PW

The Nr Fairy
9th Sep 2003, 19:04
The "no fees" bit is Thruxton. Shoreham is a (relative) nightmare from that point of view - not only landing fees but also "training" fees if you work the field under ATC without even a circuit.

pilotwolf
6th Oct 2003, 02:48
Apolgies for bringing this back to the top, but the R44 I thought I was going to have the use of looks like it may fall through...

SO... still open to offers!

helipiloto
6th Oct 2003, 04:45
there is a place in L.A. that charges around $200 per hour in a 206 to do ENG for them, but then again that is not within drivin distance from LGW...

DBChopper
7th Oct 2003, 02:09
For those interested, Helicharter at Manston were doing a very good rate on the B206 a while back when I made some enquiries - I have no idea how to post it but their website seems to be www.telinco.co.uk/ian-jarvis

No prices on their site but worth a call...

Jarvy
7th Oct 2003, 15:37
New web address for Heli-Charter @ Manston,
www.helicharter-uk.com
Rates open to neg with company but I have very good
rates there but have done all my flying there.

DBChopper
8th Oct 2003, 00:25
Thanks Jarvy, dunno why I couldn't find that :hmm:

On the occasion I flew in to speak to them about a 206 conversion they were very friendly and welcoming. Good fun to fly in to Manston (or the borders of it, anyway, so there's no landing fee at Heli-charter) and they seem to have more JetRangers / LongRangers than you can shake a stick at. A Robinson stick, that is...

Jarvy
8th Oct 2003, 02:31
Heli-charter have 4 jetrangers & 3 longrangers