PDA

View Full Version : HOW DOES AIRBUS DISPLAY TCAS - RA Guidance Information ?

used2flyboeing
5th Sep 2003, 22:05
Anyone know how AIRBUS displays their TCAS II resolution advisories ( RAs- FCOM lingo) on the EADI ? IE are the indications on the Pitch Scale OR are they still using the colored-HASHES V/S Indicator warnings ?

Thanks

mono
6th Sep 2003, 00:06
Will get you more data later but as a quick reply.

azimuthal information is displayed on the EHSI with RA flight guidance displayed on the EADI as a 'window' through which the a/c should fly. At least this is the case on the scarebusses that I work with.

avoman
7th Sep 2003, 20:05
A320 RAs. On the Primary Flight Display the vertical speed scale on the right side of the display area will be overlaid with coloured sectors. Red band for vertical speed range to be avoided (Preventative RA). Green band for vertical speed range to fly into for Corrective RA.
On the Navigational Display the Threat aircraft for which an RA is generated is a standard red square symbol with relative altitude and vertical movement displayed alongside. This is in most modes and ranges selected on the ND. If an appropriate mode is not selected a red message TCAS:CHANGE MODE or RANGE will be bannered across the display to advise the pilot to switch.
Also standard trajectory orders by voice announcements.

used2flyboeing
10th Sep 2003, 04:33
Mono Said :

azimuthal information is displayed on the EHSI with RA flight guidance displayed on the EADI as a 'window' through which the a/c should fly. At least this is the case on the scarebusses that I work with.

- so you are saying your TCAS II customer option has the "bounding box" display on the EADI ? - IE it gives direct pitch guidance cues/flt director .. Its not used to often - I think this is a Collins system - would be interested still .. I thought only Boeing used that symbology - must be a customer option thing with the vendors ..

Thank s!