PDA

View Full Version : Instructing as a job

WelshFlyer
3rd Sep 2003, 20:42
Hi,

Is it possible to instruct on a PPL, upaid, at a flying club to build those precious log book hours?

How much do instructors ratings cost? (I am going into commercial aviation, well bush flying - so I'm prepaired to pay more in my flight training that most "sunday flyers"

Thanks,

WF.

Obs cop
3rd Sep 2003, 22:02
Welsh flyer,

The thread 2 below the one you posted is the exact same question relating to instructing as a PPL.

Here's a link to it http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97986 ;)

Obs cop

goatface
9th Sep 2003, 02:33
W.F.
Just an observation which you can heed or chuck away as you wish - I learnt to fly with a small organisation at a large regional airport, it had a flying staff of CFI, 2 x Full Time FIs and a multitude of volunteer weekend and evening QFIs.
Generally, there was only enough work during the week to keep the F/T QFIs ticking along, but the evenings and weekends with nice weather was when they could earn enough to have more than one pint a week.
Due to poor organisation by the club and the enthusiasm of the volunteers, the full timers saw a fair bit of work taken from underneath their noses, which not unsuprisingly caused an "atmosphere".

Dont be too keen to 'owt for nowt lest the fist a colleague should smite ye verily. ;)