PDA

View Full Version : Uk headsets in the US

p.savage
1st Sep 2003, 20:24
Hi,

As the subject says, Will my UK purchased headset work in the US?

All answers on a postcard!

Cheers

P.Savage

carbonfibre
1st Sep 2003, 21:42
Short answer, YES!!

I bought my David Clarks in the US 6 years ago and fine over here, jack fittings are normally standard in light aircraft.

:ok:

Sensible
3rd Sep 2003, 06:10
Both Mr Cesna and Mr Piper make their airplanes in the USA. The jacks are absolutely standard. I have found that sometimes when I am using my David Clark headsets and I fly with somebody else using another make (usally super cheapo's), there is a compatability issue resulting in their headsets not working at all.

I've flown a few different types of light general aviation aircraft now and found all of the jacks standard. I did note that the passenger jets seem to have different jacks as do the military but since I fly neither, have found no problems to date.

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Sep 2003, 22:10
In the US, helicopter headsets are different from airplane headsets. I assume the same difference exists in the UK as well and that you're talking about an airplane headset anyway

parris50
5th Sep 2003, 19:48
Bought my Dave Clarke from a shop in the US. It works perfectly in the UK.

mattd2k
5th Sep 2003, 20:27
Can anyone comment on the difference in price of purchasing a headset in the UK or the US? Are prices much cheaper in the US?

Thanks.
MD2k

parris50
5th Sep 2003, 21:02
Much cheaper in the US. However, by the time you've paid delivery and, more importantly, the import tax it works out about the same.

The import tax on the H13X was about £100 and it's payable on delivery - you can't escape it!

AP

mattd2k
5th Sep 2003, 21:17
:D Thanks, I will probably by them over then as I'm planning to stay for a few months so it will be worth the saving.