PDA

View Full Version : NATS trainee recruitment

jonnykid
29th Aug 2003, 23:16
:oh:

Firstly, apologies if this has already been mentioned, I had a look over the forum and couldnt find any information.

Just wondering if anyone knew when the next round of recruitment was due to start for trainees via NATS. I spoke to them recently and they suggested that October might be a better time to think about it but werent sure. Also, they seem to be changing their online application procedure so I was advised to wait until the downloadable document becomes an online form.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any additional information, I'd be happy to know...

Many thanks,

Jonnykid :ok:

PGM
4th Sep 2003, 04:35
I have recently applied for NATS training and am awaiting a date to be set for the initial tests. I am trying to practice as much as possible and reading up on ATC in general. Can anyone who has recently been through this nerve racking time, tell me if and you probably think this is a silly question, but are you allowed to scribble working out down on scrap paper for the numeracy tests? Does anybody no how much time you get for each section and what the pass rate is? Any help would be much appreciated. Also if anybody has any suggestions on useful websites, I feel I have pretty thorough and seen most of them but there are always some you overlook. Cheers:confused:

foghorn
4th Sep 2003, 04:45
I'm waiting for my final round interview, it was put off in June due to the HR move and I haven't yet had a rescheduled date through, although I've been told to expect September or October. I guess that with the fact that they have filled all the 2004 courses already they have time to sit back for a while and get settled in at Swanwick (in portacabins I heard!?!) before starting up recruitment again.

As far as I remember, they give you a sheet of paper for the numeracy test.

You don't get enough time to finish any of the sections, however they are designed that way, so don't try to judge your performance on how many you answered - just be pleasantly surprised when the results come back!

PGM
4th Sep 2003, 17:48
Cheers for that foghorn. Do you remember if the numeracy was multiple choice and the kind of things they were asking you?

fly bhoy
4th Sep 2003, 18:22
PGM

Firstly, you do get scrap paper for working on and secondly, the questions are (or at least were!!!) multiple choice. I did do the tests over a year ago though and they could've changed since.

The best website is available on the NATS interview sticky at the top of the ATC forum and is on the last post by vectorline. Here's (http://freespace.virgin.net/at.co/home.htm) a link to it though just in case you can't be bothered looking for it!!:D :ok:

This website's got example questions for all the sections in the interview, not just the mental arithmetic one, and its also the website i used to get me through the tests.

Good luck:ok:

FB

jonnykid
16th Sep 2003, 17:58
PGM,

have you reently applied. They told me not to fill out the online form as they were changing it. Not sure exaclt ywhat to do. Office moves are the worst for things getting lost and slipping down cracks..

heinzmanm
17th Sep 2003, 01:44
I applied at the end of July and had a letter in the post this morning to say that I have been accepted for the selection tests which will be in 'November/December'.

mickrobbo
19th Sep 2003, 16:44
I applied in March, and the selection test dates have been put back all year. I initially got told July-Aug, then Sep-Oct, now Nov-Dec.
So I will not hold much hope of it happening Nov-Dec but we shall see. They are apparently waiting for numbers so they can confirm test centre locations.....:hmm:

Kirstey
19th Sep 2003, 18:24
Yes Mick, I got that letter today. Again I applied in March. If they haven't being recruiting for so long you would expect them to have plenty of candidates!!

Pilot 1500
20th Sep 2003, 19:29
I recieved the same letter as the above and again i applied in March too. Nov/Dec...? Taking into account the delays and location changes my guess is it will be the New Year before any dates are sorted. I shall wait with anticipation though...:ok: