PDA

View Full Version : bmi -regional

KAT TOO
29th Aug 2003, 07:48
any jobs going with this outfit need to move back to the north due problems with the (ex) wife?

nitefiter
30th Aug 2003, 04:44
at the moment they have a shed load of type rated ex Swiss Air guys on file,so its unlikely if you are not EMB rated.
But ring em and send in a CV, with rumours doing the rounds of 4 new aircraft next spring,who knows?Also it would be a good bet that you would get a North (Scottish) base.

checkthrust
30th Aug 2003, 19:59
KAT TOO,
I heard that ten non type rated were a possibility in january. That came from the training department. Ya need some good turbine time to secure an interview. Tell ya wot i'll ask the cleaners during the turnaround on monday morning, they will know for sure!

Hood
31st Aug 2003, 03:03
KAT TOO
Do yourself a favour and set your standards higher.

KAT TOO
31st Aug 2003, 03:13
Hood

Thanks for that, what should i know?

Little Blue
31st Aug 2003, 03:15
So, Hood.
How much higher do u wish him to aim?
Don't tell me O'leary-air or Sleazy...
Nothing positive to say?..Say nowt.!!!:}

Thomas_Cook_757-300
31st Aug 2003, 22:41
Hi,
Apparently they are recruiting First Officers. They require - 1500hrs TT with 150hrs multi if no type rating or multi crew experience.

This was as of the 16th August.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-300

Meeb
1st Sep 2003, 00:48
at the moment they have a shed load of type rated ex Swiss Air guys on file

I hope not, being non EU these people would need a work permit and considering the ample supply of Pilots in the UK right now the company would not succeed.

KAT TOO
1st Sep 2003, 05:48
Thanks for the info guys, i rang them last week and was told that they have just started 5 or 6 ex-swiss/crossair pilots(type rated) but that they will be hiring non type-rated F/O in the early part of next year.

Hap Hazard
2nd Sep 2003, 06:14
:cool: Hoods right, set your sights higher, .....unless you want to live the life of a gypsy.....not a happy place for many, as for saying nowt little blue....we are all entitled to an opinion, or is your opinion the only one that counts?
Good luck KAT TOO in what ever you decide to do.

Robert Vesco
2nd Sep 2003, 15:16
I hope not, being non EU these people would need a work permit and considering the ample supply of Pilots in the UK right now the company would not succeed. Most laid off pilots of Swiss Int. Air Lines have EU passports.

Hood
2nd Sep 2003, 16:28
Little Blue

IMHO bmi regional are not that decent. This is because of the sorry state of the management. They are particularly anti crew and are convinced that rule by bullying is the way forward. They continually find ways to sh!t on their workforce from the top down. This includes all the management pilots. I know some of the workforce at bmir and they are tremendous people and not one of them could give you a thumbs up about working for the company. If ever there was a workforce all sending out cv's this is it.

Kat Too if you want to contact the comapny try before Friday as the office closes early foe early doors at the local and the ops mgr will probably be on a golf course for the other 4 days.