PDA

View Full Version : Unfreezing JAR ATPL - Multicrew Time

The Greaser
29th Aug 2003, 02:51
I am very close to have the necessary experience to 'unfreeze' my ATPL, having just the 500 multicrew hour requirement left to satisfy. Does anyone know if the sim time accrued during MCC course and conversion course can be used towards the 500 multicrew hours??
CAA web site does not answer the question and can never get through to flight crew licensing!

redsnail
29th Aug 2003, 04:17
Having just perused the LASORS section G, I would say no to the MCC hours but possible for the sim 737 hours.
Send them an email. You will get a reply eventually.
If you're working it would only be another 2-4 week's flying any way.

ecj
29th Aug 2003, 14:25
I would be surprised if the MCC course did count.

Look on the application form in the notes section for guidance.
I suspect post training airborne only.

Also ensure that you have a LPC completed post 1500 hours experience prior to JAR ATPL application.

The Greaser
29th Aug 2003, 16:55
Reddo/ecj

Thanks for the replies.

Finally managed to get hold of FCL and they confirmed that I cant apply until my next LPC anyway which is not until January. Oh well, there goes my pay rise for another 4 months!

flyer75
29th Aug 2003, 23:23
sorry about the pay rise...wait a minute ..you have a job...I have full JAR ATPL and no interview in sight..damn it i must be doing something wrong..

Tailwinds,

Flyer75

STATLER
30th Aug 2003, 19:16
Why can't we apply for the ATPL issue until after the next LPC?

I just thought it was 1500hrs inc 500 multicrew and 100 night?

flyer4life
31st Aug 2003, 07:37
According to LASORS, there is a flight test element to applying for the full ATPL, in addition to the hours requirement.

I'd guess this is a little known fact since the test is done during a normal LPC.