PDA

View Full Version : ATCO Application timescale

DodgyFlyer
24th Aug 2003, 23:11
A very quick question if anyone would be kind enough to answer it for me,
on average (if successful) how long does the ATCO selection procedure take, i.e. from submitting the forms to beginning an ATCO course in Bournemouth?

Warped Factor
25th Aug 2003, 01:38
Dodgy,

9-12 months according to all the information on the sticky thread about recruitement at the top of the ATC Issues page.

WF.

aaaabbbbcccc1111
25th Aug 2003, 04:38
I applied to NATS in Oct 02, passed my tests in April 03, my interviews got cancelled in June,due to NATS relocating. I am still waiting for an interview date,but hopefully it will be before this year ends. I believe if i am succesfull then I will be on the Jan 05 course. so from applying to starting Bournemouth, I am looking at over 2 years.

I'm not joking sir
25th Aug 2003, 07:49
I understand that recruitment has been frozen for the rest of this year.

I also understand that when they do start up again, it'll be for courses in '05.

Bummer for us ATSAs trying to move on!

DodgyFlyer
25th Aug 2003, 20:36
A very quick thanks to you all for posting replies.

dannyo
26th Aug 2003, 17:54
I applied to NATS in Oct 02, passed my tests in April 03, my interviews got cancelled in June,due to NATS relocating. I am still waiting for an interview date,but hopefully it will be before this year ends. I believe if i am succesfull then I will be on the Jan 05 course. so from applying to starting Bournemouth, I am looking at over 2 years.

Looks like I was a bit lucky then!

I applied September 2002, all selections tests etc in the early part of this year, interview early April, medical July. I start my course October 2004!

So yes, about 2 years from initial application to starting the course looks about the norm.

Haven't heard anything on the "freeze" in recruitment but things will be a little dis-jointed I would imagine, seeing as HR have just relocated to Swanwick form London!

Best of luck!