PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   EAST MIDLANDS - 6 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/287822-east-midlands-6-a.html)

Balair 1st Apr 2020 14:00

[QUOTE=Flightmech;10735641]SNN was for maintenance reasons with Lufthansa. FedEx use them for base maintenance on the Europe captive 757 fleet.

Thanks for the clarification Flightmech.

Also, from what I can see, FDX 5204 is no longer operating through EMA.

Balair

mmeteesside 1st Apr 2020 14:05

[QUOTE=Balair;10735664]

Originally Posted by Flightmech (Post 10735641)
SNN was for maintenance reasons with Lufthansa. FedEx use them for base maintenance on the Europe captive 757 fleet.

Thanks for the clarification Flightmech.

Also, from what I can see, FDX 5204 is no longer operating through EMA.

Balair

None of the CDG European network has run this week, don't know why.

Flightmech 1st Apr 2020 14:12

[QUOTE=mmeteesside;10735668]

Originally Posted by Balair (Post 10735664)

None of the CDG European network has run this week, don't know why.

The CDG network is running on the IP cycle only. No second EU1 sort. Hence why airplanes from the field stations are heading into CDG in the afternoon vs late evening. A few are not operating (MAN 5203/5204 as previously mentioned) as freight is moving by road to STN.

mmeteesside 1st Apr 2020 14:44

[QUOTE=Flightmech;10735675]

Originally Posted by mmeteesside (Post 10735668)

The CDG network is running on the IP cycle only. No second EU1 sort. Hence why airplanes from the field stations are heading into CDG in the afternoon vs late evening. A few are not operating (MAN 5203/5204 as previously mentioned) as freight is moving by road to STN.

Ah right thanks that makes sense, I assume that's purely down to low volume due to business shut down across Europe? Interesting that LGG appears to be running as normal, assume most of it can e rerouted through there for stations that have a link there. Off topic for EMA I know but it made me wonder when none of the feeders appeared to be running.

Flightmech 1st Apr 2020 15:21

[QUOTE=mmeteesside;10735709]

Originally Posted by Flightmech (Post 10735675)
Ah right thanks that makes sense, I assume that's purely down to low volume due to business shut down across Europe? Interesting that LGG appears to be running as normal, assume most of it can e rerouted through there for stations that have a link there. Off topic for EMA I know but it made me wonder when none of the feeders appeared to be running.

Not a volume problem at all. Staffing in the hub sort due COVID-19 related absences. I heard the Feeders are not running as you cannot maintain social-distancing when having multiple load-personnel in a small confined fuselage.

craigyton2 1st Apr 2020 18:17

A couple of interesting movements noted in the last week.
G-POWD B763 of Titan operated two Military charters in last week from Calgary. With a RAF Voyager operating another charter from Belize​​​.
VP-BCR B744 of Silk Way West Airways operated Inbound and Outbound to Baku.
G-TUIN B789 of TUI operated a repatriation flight from MMMD to EMA today.

​​​​​​Also some of the new 80 stands are now open on the new UPS extension of the east apron.

I'm not sure why the Silk Way came in? Formula 1? Or Aid flight?

NutLoose 14th Apr 2020 01:32

East Midlands now rated as a premier league airport due to cuts elsewhere due to the virus.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/...ubAT?ocid=iehp

Crusher1 15th Jun 2020 19:13

It does appear that freight wise things are going well. I have heard that DHL are to operate a weekly Hong Kong service using a 747 and also adding a Los Angeles route

valefan16 15th Jun 2020 19:49


Originally Posted by Crusher1 (Post 10811775)
It does appear that freight wise things are going well. I have heard that DHL are to operate a weekly Hong Kong service using a 747 and also adding a Los Angeles route

Saw her depart yesterday and land the week before, pulled in the crowds that one has. What’s operating the LA?

Crusher1 15th Jun 2020 22:42


Originally Posted by valefan16 (Post 10811790)
Saw her depart yesterday and land the week before, pulled in the crowds that one has. What’s operating the LA?

Not sure on what aircraft are to be used,, not in the loop quite so much these days, but JFK and Miami routes also mentioned. As I write this the HK flight has just been mentioned on BBC news!


LBIA 16th Jun 2020 12:25

https://www.air101.co.uk/2020/06/eas...r101+(Air+101)

Balair 21st Jun 2020 11:45

QUOTE “Not sure on what aircraft are to be used, but JFK and Miami routes also mentioned”

This morning’s flights were operated by the following:

CVG - ABX B763
LAX - BOX B77L
MIA - AJT B763
JFK - DHK B763

Balair

BHX5DME 22nd Jun 2020 13:02

MAG Group - May 2020
 
Pax

Stansted – 20,607 down 99.2%

Manchester – 18,750 down 99.3%

East Mids – zero

Cargo

East Mids – 30,547 down 0.7%

Stansted – 21,210 up 14.1%

Manchester 1,342 down 85.9%

Traffic figures at all MAG airports were severely impacted by the outbreak of Covid-19 in May, as travel restrictions and a dramatic reduction in demand for flights impacted the Group’s passenger numbers. MAG’s reduction was reflective of world trends, with global travel demand reduced by 97% compared to previous year, according to UK Government data.

All MAG airports saw passenger figures reduce by at least 99.3% year-on-year in May, with MAG’s three airports serving 39,357 passengers between them, compared with 5.7 million last May.

At London Stansted Airport and East Midlands Airports, cargo figures held up well (STN: +14.1%, EMA: -0.7%) as key freight operators used the airports to keep essential goods flowing into the country and providing UK firms with a key route to export.

East Midlands Airport was one of the most resilient European airports by flight numbers in May, as its important role as the UK’s biggest airport for cargo aircraft continued.




Balair 8th Jul 2020 14:41

DHL

DHL’s expansion of their EMA hub continues.

Chicago has now been added to their schedule, becoming the 5th USA destination served by them from East Midlands.

The flights are currently operated by ABX 767’s and route ORD-EMA-CGN-EMA-ORD ABX 683/4


BHX5DME 16th Jul 2020 16:32

June Pax

Stansted – 59,176 down 97.8%

Manchester – 40,280 down 98.6%

East Midlands – 1,263 down 99.8%

12m end 30.06.20 Pax

Manchester – 20,330,678 down 29.9%

Stansted – 19,358,550 down 32.1%

East Midlands – 3,055,718 down 36.4%

Cargo

East Midlands – 33,124 up 10.9%

Stansted – 23,080 up 11.9%

Manchester – 1,860 down 80.3%

Source
https://mediacentre.magairports.com/...ic-statistics/

egnxema 19th Jul 2020 06:55

Does the AirBridgeCargo 747 operate weekly? Could anyone share the schedule? Thanks

BHX5DME 19th Jul 2020 10:17


Originally Posted by egnxema (Post 10840971)
Does the AirBridgeCargo 747 operate weekly? Could anyone share the schedule? Thanks

Yes weekly due 13501350 - ABW - VQ-BQZ



egnxema 23rd Jul 2020 21:37

Stobart Air, using the Aer Lingus Regional brand to start EMA-BHD from 01OCT. Up to 3x daily. Flights sold via the main Aer Lingus website.

EGNXROB 28th Jul 2020 22:50

Worth to note Kalitta Air have today started

Tue/Wed Brussels - East Midlands - Cincinnati
Thurs - Leipzig - East Midlands - Cincinnati
Using a 747-400F

Also Aerologic have been operating Mon/Wed

Leipzig - East Midlands - Cincinnati using a 777F

BHX5DME 14th Aug 2020 16:11

Pax – July 2020

STN – 468,318 down 83.0%

MAN – 332,421 down 89.5%

EMA – 79,235 down 86.1%

Pax – 12m ending 31.07.20

MAN – 17,485,972 down 40.0%

STN – 17,067,646 down 40.1%

EMA – 2,565,540 down 46.5%

Cargo

EMA – 37,626 up 21.2%

STN – 25,312 up 43.6%

MAN – 2,863 down 73.5%


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:25.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.