Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

EasyJet-6

Old 12th Apr 2024, 17:39
  #681 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Utterly
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Crew 1 Passengers 0
Since when has any UK Company been remotely concerned by the interests of the customers.
Bradley Hardacre is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2024, 17:40
  #682 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: U.K.
Posts: 1,872
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
I see easyJet has just agreed a pay deal with cabin crew, with a 20% rise in basic pay over the next 18 months.

Although it's a big step, the element of this which caught my eye was around delay pay. If a flight is more than an hour late, every cabin crew member gets £15 and if it goes over two hours late, the payment doubles. Isn't this just a sure-fire way of making sure that any delay of 50 minutes turns into a delay of an hour, and every delay of just less than two hours turns into a delay of more than two hours? I can't believe anyone in airline management would be so fundamentally stupid as to sign up to something like this, but someone clearly has. Absolutely potty.
It already exists. £35 for any delays over 2 hours. Are you suggesting crews should work extra hours for free?
easyflyer83 is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2024, 19:00
  #683 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,494
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Fundamentally if you get delayed, then itís the same as any other airline and you crack on, get the job done and accept itís part and parcel of airline life. If youíre telling me that this is the norm already, it speaks volumes about easyJet OTP.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2024, 19:06
  #684 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 953
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
I see easyJet has just agreed a pay deal with cabin crew, with a 20% rise in basic pay over the next 18 months.

Although it's a big step, the element of this which caught my eye was around delay pay. If a flight is more than an hour late, every cabin crew member gets £15 and if it goes over two hours late, the payment doubles. Isn't this just a sure-fire way of making sure that any delay of 50 minutes turns into a delay of an hour, and every delay of just less than two hours turns into a delay of more than two hours? I can't believe anyone in airline management would be so fundamentally stupid as to sign up to something like this, but someone clearly has. Absolutely potty.

COme back here with evidence of the OTP across the network and then try and tell me crews are deliberately making departures go over the threshold.............
lfc84 is offline  
Old 13th Apr 2024, 09:14
  #685 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: U.K.
Posts: 1,872
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
Fundamentally if you get delayed, then itís the same as any other airline and you crack on, get the job done and accept itís part and parcel of airline life. If youíre telling me that this is the norm already, it speaks volumes about easyJet OTP.
Itís rare to get the 2 hour payment. Plus, easyJet crews get sector pay which is a set pay based on sector length. Some airlines get flight pay which is based on a hourly rate. So by your reckoning, those crews must stretch out their day to secure more pay?
easyflyer83 is offline  
Old 22nd Apr 2024, 22:23
  #686 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,845
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are the summer med bases staffed? Are they all EU residents or are UK citizens allowed to work there?
inOban is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 08:11
  #687 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: UK
Posts: 897
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To work at any EU base whether seasonal or not, as a UK citizen you’d need the right to live and work in that country as well as an EASA ATPL
FlyboyUK is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 11:10
  #688 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glasgow
Age: 67
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
How are the summer med bases staffed? Are they all EU residents or are UK citizens allowed to work there?
All operated by EasyJet Europe, so crewed from established EU bases.
cherokee leader is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 13:00
  #689 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: UK
Posts: 31
Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts
On pathetic seasonal contracts no one wants
Twitterati is online now  
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 13:05
  #690 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,845
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.
inOban is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 09:16
  #691 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Leicester
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bhx A320 base

Are some bases specfically A320ceo? The 3 aircraft based at BHX have been A320ceo since pretty much day one?
Jamie236 is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 11:21
  #692 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie236
Are some bases specfically A320ceo? The 3 aircraft based at BHX have been A320ceo since pretty much day one?
If you talk to any Easyjet Engineer they will say the CEOs are more reliable so I wouldn't complain!
pabely is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 13:04
  #693 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet to enter the Cape Verde market.

Commencing 29th October, easyJet will launch a new four times weekly route between Lisbon and Sal, Cape Verde. A second twice weekly service between Porto and Sal will commence the following day.

One wonders if the growth of easyJet Holidays will mean new routes to Cape Verde from the UK?
EZYPZY is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 13:11
  #694 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the flight path
Posts: 2,632
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Would the EZY fleet have the range for Cape Verde ex-UK?
LGS6753 is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 13:18
  #695 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LGS6753
Would the EZY fleet have the range for Cape Verde ex-UK?
The 321neo just might?
EZYPZY is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 15:11
  #696 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,494
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
320neo or 321neo would both make it from the UK. But reading their people's social media stuff, it sounds like they've made a right song and dance with internal process about starting these flights from Portugal - "we've never been so far south before", "our first route to the West Africa region" and so on - that you wonder how long it would take to add UK-Cape Verde flights should they wish.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 15:56
  #697 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,247
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
320neo or 321neo would both make it from the UK. But reading their people's social media stuff, it sounds like they've made a right song and dance with internal process about starting these flights from Portugal - "we've never been so far south before", "our first route to the West Africa region" and so on - that you wonder how long it would take to add UK-Cape Verde flights should they wish.
So if the aircraft have the range, what about the crew?
DC3 Dave is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 17:58
  #698 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave
So if the aircraft have the range, what about the crew?
If weíre talking about UK - Cape Verde flights, the crew would presumably nightstop, which has been common place in HRG and SSH for UK based crews for the last couple of years. LIS and OPO based crews can do a there and back during one duty. No big deal with regards to crew.
EZYPZY is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 18:10
  #699 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave
So if the aircraft have the range, what about the crew?
Do TUI do a crew change, I think not, a route to Gambia or Marsa Alam in Egypt.
pabely is offline  
Old 10th May 2024, 18:11
  #700 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 242
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
Do TUI do a crew change, I think not.
From some bases, yes they do.
Yeehaw22 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.