Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-5

Old 11th Dec 2018, 14:38
  #921 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by azz767 View Post
Well also per Jethros the proposed acquisition of G-DRTO (ex TC-SNY) has been cancelled so one of them will be to replace this I imagine.
This needs confirmation as Jethros says nothing about this - though Skyliner did yesterday. TC-SNY arrived at QLA on the 8th December. If not for Jet 2, where is it going?
Gurnard is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2018, 15:45
  #922 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
This needs confirmation as Jethros says nothing about this - though Skyliner did yesterday. TC-SNY arrived at QLA on the 8th December. If not for Jet 2, where is it going?
See previous updates for 07 Dec. Jet2 declined to take this airframe (Reason unknown)
TC-SNY is at Lasham now for storage
jethro15 is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2018, 19:54
  #923 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by jethro15 View Post
See previous updates for 07 Dec. Jet2 declined to take this airframe (Reason unknown)
TC-SNY is at Lasham now for storage
Thanks. I had only looked at the Jet 2 fleet where G-DRTO is listed as a potential acquisition - nothing more specific. I guess the registration could now be taken up by another frame.
Interestingly TC-SNY was the first 737-800 to fly - 21 years ago. Newer than the 300s currently still in use with Jet 2, but they can probably get something better!
Gurnard is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2018, 13:40
  #924 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Too Far North
Posts: 1,014
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
Thanks. I had only looked at the Jet 2 fleet where G-DRTO is listed as a potential acquisition - nothing more specific. I guess the registration could now be taken up by another frame.
Interestingly TC-SNY was the first 737-800 to fly - 21 years ago. Newer than the 300s currently still in use with Jet 2, but they can probably get something better!
Actually, 7 of the -300's are younger.
Flap40 is online now  
Old 13th Dec 2018, 14:03
  #925 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 1,635
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
Thanks. I had only looked at the Jet 2 fleet where G-DRTO is listed as a potential acquisition - nothing more specific. I guess the registration could now be taken up by another frame.
Interestingly TC-SNY was the first 737-800 to fly - 21 years ago. Newer than the 300s currently still in use with Jet 2, but they can probably get something better!
21 years that's unbelievable!
Mr Angry from Purley is offline  
Old 13th Dec 2018, 14:28
  #926 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Behind a desk, dreaming of the sky
Posts: 517
Lots of people don't realise this and just bundle them all into the 30+ bunch. The youngest of the B733's, i believe is G-GDFM and celebrated it's 20th (first flight) birthday just 3 days ago (10th Dec)
Plane.Silly is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 09:36
  #927 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 297
G-JZBR
Operated LS809 MAN-AGP on 10th December, remained at AGP until the 13th, then positioned to ALC as EXS041A. Did this a/c become u/s at AGP and then position to ALC for attention, or is there another reason accounting for it not returning to MAN?
Gurnard is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 09:51
  #928 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
G-JZBR
Operated LS809 MAN-AGP on 10th December, remained at AGP until the 13th, then positioned to ALC as EXS041A. Did this a/c become u/s at AGP and then position to ALC for attention, or is there another reason accounting for it not returning to MAN?
It returned to MAN as LS880 ALC-MAN on the 13th.
No idea why it stayed at AGP - Crew 'sunshine break' perhaps. Lol.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 10:06
  #929 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 297
Strange. According to FR24 LS880 on the 13th was operated by G-GDFX while G-JZBR is still showing at ALC.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 10:43
  #930 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
Strange. According to FR24 LS880 on the 13th was operated by G-GDFX while G-JZBR is still showing at ALC.
My apologies! I used Planefinder to give the flight details. It indeed shows it as LS880 but if i run the flight track it just goes Malaga - Alicante.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 11:29
  #931 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ainsdale
Posts: 1,675
I saw G-JZBR at AGP on Monday night and it was parked remote after it parked at Gate B11 when it arrived, so I'm assuming it was tech or something.
MKY661 is online now  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 11:46
  #932 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: EU
Age: 50
Posts: 250
G-JZBR
Operated LS809 MAN-AGP on 10th December, remained at AGP until the 13th, then positioned to ALC as EXS041A. Did this a/c become u/s at AGP and then position to ALC for attention, or is there another reason accounting for it not returning to MAN?
Hydraulic pump failure. New spare part flown in and replaced.
DjerbaDevil is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2018, 21:58
  #933 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by DjerbaDevil View Post
Hydraulic pump failure. New spare part flown in and replaced.
And then departed ALC for LBA today as EXS186D was turned straight round and departed LBA as EXS042A back to ALC. Go figure!
sixchannel is offline  
Old 16th Dec 2018, 13:19
  #934 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 201
Just arriving Manchester as LS880

Ian
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2018, 08:38
  #935 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 297
G-JZBR
Saturday 15th took over LS186 from G-GDFU at ALC and flew the Malaga-LBA as LS186D. It then positioned back to ALC to operate Sunday's LS880 to MAN. Following this it did a single trip to Prague, then positioned back to MAN. Today another positioning flight - this time to BOH for logo to be applied to the basic blue paintwork.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2018, 10:58
  #936 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
G-JZBR
Saturday 15th took over LS186 from G-GDFU at ALC and flew the Malaga-LBA as LS186D. It then positioned back to ALC to operate Sunday's LS880 to MAN. Following this it did a single trip to Prague, then positioned back to MAN. Today another positioning flight - this time to BOH for logo to be applied to the basic blue paintwork.
G-GDFU was Tech and is now en route back to LBA on an EXS052B Code at a lowly 346kts and 10,000ft. Pressurisation issue?

Last edited by sixchannel; 17th Dec 2018 at 11:47.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2018, 17:53
  #937 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by sixchannel View Post
G-GDFU was Tech and is now en route back to LBA on an EXS052B Code at a lowly 346kts and 10,000ft. Pressurisation issue?
Sounds enough like it.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2018, 19:02
  #938 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 5,057
What did the Captain have for breakfast?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 19th Dec 2018, 20:08
  #939 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
What happens post Brexit extension?

In view of the increasing danger of the UK going No Deal and the EU flying rights only extending a year beyond that, any kind of Statement would be appreciated from our Flight and Holiday company of choice as to how they intend to attract any kind of Business in 2020.
I'm sure that there will be millions of potential customers sitting on their hands, unprepared to book holidays and/or flights beyond 2019 with no certainty that they can actually reach their destinations.
Jet2's view on events would be handy.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 19th Dec 2018, 20:11
  #940 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the flight path
Posts: 2,260
If there's no deal, the UK and the EU will have a year to negotiate a standard bilateral (which will cover most of Jet2's business), or something more liberal if the EU is feeling sensible (I did say "if").
LGS6753 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.