Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-5

Old 7th Mar 2020, 17:31
  #2221 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: england
Posts: 119
anyone know future plans on the 757s, got whisper one coming to NWI for paint,assume leaving the fleet

Mark
sparkie320 is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2020, 12:52
  #2222 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Leicester
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by sparkie320 View Post
anyone know future plans on the 757s, got whisper one coming to NWI for paint,assume leaving the fleet

Mark
LSAD and LSAH are due to leave the fleet later this year.
jonnyrobbo is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 12:02
  #2223 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: england
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by jonnyrobbo View Post
LSAD and LSAH are due to leave the fleet later this year.
Cheers
we been told 757 due next in paint so possibly next week
guess wait and see what arrives
Mark
sparkie320 is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 12:16
  #2224 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by sparkie320 View Post
Cheers
we been told 757 due next in paint so possibly next week
guess wait and see what arrives
Mark
GLSAN is due for paint at the end of March.
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 13:25
  #2225 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
GLSAN is due for paint at the end of March.
Is that 'painting' meaning 'UNpainting'?
Flying Hi is online now  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 14:43
  #2226 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Flying Hi View Post
Is that 'painting' meaning 'UNpainting'?
As far as I am aware AN is not being retired so maybe just due for its repaint.
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 15:14
  #2227 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
As far as I am aware AN is not being retired so maybe just due for its repaint.
AN has just come back from MX at QLA and from the photos I've seen the rudder has had the paint ripped off for some reason so it would make sense.
CWL757 is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 16:20
  #2228 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Leicester
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
GLSAN is due for paint at the end of March.
I doubt it as one of their 'younger' 757's.
jonnyrobbo is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 17:37
  #2229 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,071
Jet2/Jet2holidays London Stansted Summer 2021 schedule now on sale. See's over weekly 220 flights departing to 45 destinations during peak period.
LBIA is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 19:33
  #2230 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by jonnyrobbo View Post
I doubt it as one of their 'younger' 757's.
What ever your source is. It is wrong. Having just come out of a major check clearly by its flight radar tracked activity AN is due to stay. Otherwise it would of been flying around just like AD and AH which are the next two to leave the fleet.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 19:40
  #2231 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: london
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by LBAflyer22 View Post
What ever your source is. It is wrong. Having just come out of a major check clearly by its flight radar tracked activity AN is due to stay. Otherwise it would of been flying around just like AD and AH which are the next two to leave the fleet.
AN failed itís check flight. Itíll be back soon.
nowhereasfiled is online now  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 19:47
  #2232 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by nowhereasfiled View Post
AN failed itís check flight. Itíll be back soon.
As of 19.45 tonight G-LSAN is an hour out of MAN after a MAN-FUE-MAN day out. LS909/910
Flying Hi is online now  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 20:01
  #2233 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: london
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by Flying Hi View Post
As of 19.45 tonight G-LSAN is an hour out of MAN after a MAN-FUE-MAN day out. LS909/910
Looks like Iím way behind then, itís back already
nowhereasfiled is online now  
Old 11th Mar 2020, 21:21
  #2234 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by LBIA View Post
Jet2/Jet2holidays London Stansted Summer 2021 schedule now on sale. See's over weekly 220 flights departing to 45 destinations during peak period.
Not on sale yet (or may not go back on sale) - RMU (2x Weekly 2020), LRH (1x Weekly 2020), PUY (1x Weekly 2020 - though has reduced from 2x weekly).

Increases for PMI, MAH, ACE, TFS, CFU, HER, JSI, RHO, ZTH.
Decreases for CHQ, JMK, ALC and GRO.

At present 226 weekly frequencies for Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 - so no real growth. Just altering the programme around to reflect best sellers one would imagine.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2020, 15:04
  #2235 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Outside the EU
Posts: 147
Should be an interesting afternoon In Leeds after the Spanish decision by the FCO.
San Expiry is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2020, 15:47
  #2236 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,952
Originally Posted by San Expiry View Post
Should be an interesting afternoon In Leeds after the Spanish decision by the FCO.
While obviously worrying, not impacting the major Spanish destinations (yet!)
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 13th Mar 2020, 15:59
  #2237 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Outside the EU
Posts: 147
Silly me! I missed the bit in the headline '

Foreign Office tells Britons not to travel to Spain unless it is essential

that exempted Jet2 holidays.
San Expiry is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2020, 16:07
  #2238 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,952
From the Gov.uk website:

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) against all but essential travel to the regions that the Spanish Ministry of Health have designated as areas of community transmission of coronavirus, as follows: Madrid and La Rioja, and the municipalities of La Bastida and Vitoria (both in the Basque Country) and Miranda de Ebro (in Castilla y Leůn) ('Health' and 'Summary' pages)
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 13th Mar 2020, 16:08
  #2239 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Teesside
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by San Expiry View Post
Silly me! I missed the bit in the headline '

Foreign Office tells Britons not to travel to Spain unless it is essential

that exempted Jet2 holidays.
The FCO advice for specific regions only. Outside of Madrid, I donít see the main holiday resorts affected. But surely, this is just a matter of time.
P330 is online now  
Old 13th Mar 2020, 16:30
  #2240 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by P330 View Post
The FCO advice for specific regions only. Outside of Madrid, I donít see the main holiday resorts affected. But surely, this is just a matter of time.
So if its its 'no travel' to, say, Alicante shortly, does that mean Jet2 must cancel your holiday and. REFUND?
Flying Hi is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.