Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-3

Old 17th Dec 2019, 15:27
  #1621 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
Originally Posted by wub View Post
Qatar offer paid upgrades to Business, via their app, to those holding economy bookings, which probably explains why it is often full. Qatar Business Class is brilliant.
I wonder how many are travelling using the BA codeshare? It beats me why Qatar want to leave OneWorld. It must bring a lot of pax on their UK flights.
inOban is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2019, 18:03
  #1622 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,071
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
I wonder how many are travelling using the BA codeshare? It beats me why Qatar want to leave OneWorld. It must bring a lot of pax on their UK flights.
I'd imagine they will still codeshare with BA and other IAG airlines especially as they are shareholders in IAG. As for the rest of Oneworld airlines like Qantas and American refuse to codeshare with them so it won't make any difference.
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2019, 22:52
  #1623 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 287
BA Cityflyer will increase Florence from 2x to 3x weekly next summer. Good to see Florence go from strength to strength.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 06:48
  #1624 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 287
Also today is the Inaugral flight of Wizzairs Warsaw route on A321 today. This will be the first Wizzair flight to EDI. And Turkish airlines are using A321Neo TC-LSB on the Istanbul flight today.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 08:53
  #1625 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 53
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
Also today is the Inaugral flight of Wizzairs Warsaw route on A321 today. This will be the first Wizzair flight to EDI. And Turkish airlines are using A321Neo TC-LSB on the Istanbul flight today.
It's good for tourism, circa 11 flights a week to each Warsaw and Bucharest.

​​​​
​​ There will be Flights next year to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland too. 3 destinations in Norway, 3 in Sweden, 4 in Denmark.
tictack67 is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 12:48
  #1626 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by tictack67 View Post
It's good for tourism, circa 11 flights a week to each Warsaw and Bucharest.

​​​​
​​ There will be Flights next year to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland too. 3 destinations in Norway, 3 in Sweden, 4 in Denmark.
Interesting.

Do you have a source for these new flights?
Breathe is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 15:36
  #1627 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 53
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
Interesting.

Do you have a source for these new flights?
Sure

WWW.ryanair.com for Bucharest and Warsaw Latvia and Lithuania and Estonia
www.wizzair.com Warsaw and Bucherest
www.loganair.co.uk Esbjerg, SVG and BGO
Websites for Norwegian, Sas, Ryanair and easyJet for Copenhagen, Sweden Norway

simples
tictack67 is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 15:51
  #1628 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
I think that people, including me, assumed you meant new routes, not existing ones.
I know that Norwegian have announced extra Oslo flights. Are any other frequencies increasing?
inOban is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 18:08
  #1629 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
I think that people, including me, assumed you meant new routes, not existing ones.
I know that Norwegian have announced extra Oslo flights. Are any other frequencies increasing?
Numerous. In terms of the markets mentioned S19 vs S20 that I know of:

EBJ new 3pw

OSL 9pw>11pw
BGO 3pw>4pw
SVG 4pw>6pw

RIX 1pw>2pw

GDN 3pw>8pw
WMI/WAW 4pw>11pw

BUD 5pw>8pw

OTP new 6pw

Last edited by GoEDI; 18th Dec 2019 at 18:45.
GoEDI is online now  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 18:23
  #1630 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
I must admit that someone is going to blink on the Warsaw routes. And FR have pulled Skavsta, AIR? Given their shortage of a/c, wouldn't be surprised if they pull others. Sweden has an air passenger tax, doesn't it?
inOban is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2019, 18:50
  #1631 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 541
No, they have closed the base at NYO, but EDI will continue to operate with EDI based aircraft.
GoEDI is online now  
Old 19th Dec 2019, 21:34
  #1632 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
I can't find any flights either on the FR website or on the EDI one.

Last edited by inOban; 19th Dec 2019 at 21:34. Reason: typo
inOban is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 07:06
  #1633 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 53
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
I can't find any flights either on the FR website or on the EDI one.
Ryanair to Stockholm twice a week from 30/03/2019 to 23/10/2019 Mon & Fri with Edi based aircraft by look of the timings.
(In addition to Norwegain (Thur and sun) and SAS 6 times a week)

Source: Ryanair app booking engine and SAS and Norwegian websites

Qatar

Looks like upgrade of 10 or 16 Business class seats per flight versus whichever A359 (variants currently used) for the 14 flights per week that's an increase of at least 140 or 228 business seats ex EDI for S20 owe week.

source: https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-a350-1000.pdf

​​
tictack67 is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 08:20
  #1634 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
The FR flights from Skavsta may be on the app. I was fighting my way through their website and it showed only flights to STN.
inOban is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 14:06
  #1635 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Age: 59
Posts: 503
Originally Posted by tictack67 View Post
Qatar

Looks like upgrade of 10 or 16 Business class seats per flight versus whichever A359 (variants currently used) for the 14 flights per week that's an increase of at least 140 or 228 business seats ex EDI for S20 owe week.

source: https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-a350-1000.pdf

​​
This makes sense based on my friends' experience of business class often being fully booked.
Porrohman is online now  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 14:24
  #1636 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
I see that Jet2 had two flights to TFS today.
inOban is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 14:42
  #1637 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
I see that Jet2 had two flights to TFS today.
Plus one from each of TUI and EasyJet makes four in one day.
ROC10 is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 14:58
  #1638 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by tictack67 View Post
Ryanair to Stockholm twice a week from 30/03/2019 to 23/10/2019 Mon & Fri with Edi based aircraft by look of the timings.
(In addition to Norwegain (Thur and sun) and SAS 6 times a week)

Source: Ryanair app booking engine and SAS and Norwegian websites

Qatar

Looks like upgrade of 10 or 16 Business class seats per flight versus whichever A359 (variants currently used) for the 14 flights per week that's an increase of at least 140 or 228 business seats ex EDI for S20 owe week.

source: https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-a350-1000.pdf

​​
They’re using the a350-1000 over the summer? Where has this been confirmed?
CraigJay is online now  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 15:07
  #1639 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by tictack67 View Post
Sure

WWW.ryanair.com for Bucharest and Warsaw Latvia and Lithuania and Estonia
www.wizzair.com Warsaw and Bucherest
www.loganair.co.uk Esbjerg, SVG and BGO
Websites for Norwegian, Sas, Ryanair and easyJet for Copenhagen, Sweden Norway

simples
I thought you meant new routes. Thanks for the breakdown though.
Breathe is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2019, 15:21
  #1640 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,449
Originally Posted by ROC10 View Post


Plus one from each of TUI and EasyJet makes four in one day.
Escape the country while we still can. Once we geriatrics lose our EHIC cards....
inOban is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.