Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-3

Old 14th Oct 2018, 17:17
  #761 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 291
Oh sorry i didn't see that, I also read a report that Flybe are not happy with the relationship with Edinburghs management, doesnt seem good as Flybe are saying they want to expand there services.
Article was the Scotsman.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 15th Oct 2018, 15:16
  #762 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,483
+5.8% in September. MAT just over 14 million.
inOban is online now  
Old 15th Oct 2018, 16:42
  #763 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
I dont know if this has already been posted but Munich is to go over to Lufthansa mainline from March instead of Eurowings.
Any likelihood of Eurowings deploying the Munich flight to another destination such as Hamburg or Hannover or do folk think LH mainline will just be a direct replacement?
Breathe is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 00:57
  #764 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 291
Regarding the Eurowings flights I dont think there will be any new routes as it was meant to be a direct replacement but I wouldnt rule a replacement flight out entirely. Also some news regarding rumours :
United have ended their Hamburg service on B767-300 maybe Newark will change to this from the 757.
Flybe are intersted in starting new routes but are currently unhappy with management at Edinburgh.
Westjet also have a spare 767 to utilise and this may be on the rumoured Edinburgh flight.
Air Canada also rumoured to be starting a year round service on MAX8 but very unlikely in the near future.
Best regars.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 06:04
  #765 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crawley
Posts: 346
Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
Any likelihood of Eurowings deploying the Munich flight to another destination such as Hamburg or Hannover or do folk think LH mainline will just be a direct replacement?
possibly. LH are moving all, I believe, flights the start or terminate at MUC and FRA to mainline. All others will be EW.

Read it somewhere but cant find source.
bycrewlgw is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 07:56
  #766 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 1,075
Hurghada and Malaga ex EDI as winter only W19. Not sure if replacements for others/previous or if truly expanded winter program.
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 12:26
  #767 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
Regarding the Eurowings flights I dont think there will be any new routes as it was meant to be a direct replacement but I wouldnt rule a replacement flight out entirely. Also some news regarding rumours :
United have ended their Hamburg service on B767-300 maybe Newark will change to this from the 757.
Flybe are intersted in starting new routes but are currently unhappy with management at Edinburgh.
Westjet also have a spare 767 to utilise and this may be on the rumoured Edinburgh flight.
Air Canada also rumoured to be starting a year round service on MAX8 but very unlikely in the near future.
Best regars.
Where are they thinking of going? Surely any grievance they have with EDI management shouldn't really stop them from developing new routes, serving customers and ultimately making money and growing their business. If they can't settle an argument with an airport then the airport will just find someone else to serve those routes. What is it that BE are bringing to the table that they think they deserve to have special treatment?
edi_local is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 12:27
  #768 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saltash
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by Homo Simpson View Post
According to my Icelandic friends WOW are to discontinue the Edinburgh flights.
Just passing on what I was told.
Wow flights stop at the end of March 19 then resume on the 14th May 3x till the end of September 19.

Regards 4ea
4eyed anorak is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 13:47
  #769 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,483
Originally Posted by edi_local View Post
Where are they thinking of going? Surely any grievance they have with EDI management shouldn't really stop them from developing new routes, serving customers and ultimately making money and growing their business. If they can't settle an argument with an airport then the airport will just find someone else to serve those routes. What is it that BE are bringing to the table that they think they deserve to have special treatment?
In the Scotsman article referred to in an earlier post they argued that, as a major feeder of pax into onward flights, they deserved better than to be regularly made to park in distant stands and their passengers bussed. They didn't feel valued.
inOban is online now  
Old 17th Oct 2018, 14:38
  #770 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
In the Scotsman article referred to in an earlier post they argued that, as a major feeder of pax into onward flights, they deserved better than to be regularly made to park in distant stands and their passengers bussed. They didn't feel valued.
The Scotsman regularly has anti-EDI articles anyway, but that aside, FlyBE are not really boosting EDI's long haul routes as for every plane load that brings connecting passengers in, they are also taking passengers away to LHR, BHX or MAN to connect onwards too, so in reality they almost cancel themselves out.

It is far more logical, surely for BE to park remotely and have 1 bus come to collect their whole aircraft and deposit another full aircraft back rather than another bigger aircraft park remotely and require 2,3 or even 4 bus trips?
edi_local is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 12:12
  #771 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 291
If Eurowings are starting Hurghada and Malaga as new winter destinations abroad then that is a first in time they operate to somewhere that is not a base or focus city from a UK airport.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 12:42
  #772 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,483
Now that FR have launched their German program we can see that Hahn ends this month and doesn't return in the summer, while Weeze does return but only twice weekly. Baden Baden (2wkly) and Hamburg (4wkly) as S18.
inOban is online now  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 19:26
  #773 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by EDIgo View Post
I have just signed a new contract for my work that involves monthly travel to Zurich and I am very suprised to see the lack of direct link between the two cities. Surely a gold mine sitting waiting for someone to start or am I missing something? I thought someone like Loganair or flybe would at least have some sort of regular frequency
Edelwiess fly from ZRH to EDI and INV
mullac30 is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 19:29
  #774 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,483
Edelweiss fly twice a week at this time, once, Saturday, in winter, up to four times a week in summer. Ok, not much use if you you have to visit head office for the day, you'll need to fly via LCY or another London airport.
inOban is online now  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 20:50
  #775 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 99
jfy1999 is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 21:17
  #776 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 1,075
Amazing! Just whats needed. BOS was missing from Scotland.
A summer seasonal should do fine.
What are the BOS commections like?
Wonder what the confirmed timings will be- as EDI is already jam packed.
Though lots of space now minus DY !
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2018, 21:45
  #777 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 291
Definately great news I heard that this would happen and Im glad to see it go through.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 19th Oct 2018, 07:46
  #778 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
Edelweiss fly twice a week at this time, once, Saturday, in winter, up to four times a week in summer. Ok, not much use if you you have to visit head office for the day, you'll need to fly via LCY or another London airport.
There are other options to ZRH from EDI that don't need a london airport.

AMS, CDG, FRA, BRU or DUB would all offer something, probably cheaper and better quality than anything through London as well.

Good news about BOS.
edi_local is offline  
Old 19th Oct 2018, 08:24
  #779 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,483
https://www.edinburghairport.com/abo...nows-your-name

Boston starts May 24th.
inOban is online now  
Old 19th Oct 2018, 13:37
  #780 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 285
Wonderful news about BOS and great for EDI after Norwegian pulling out. I wonder if B6 will ever start their own TATL services from BOS or have DL beaten them to it by starting to offer more international routes from Logan.
A350Saltire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.