Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Southend-2

Old 5th Aug 2018, 09:56
  #1821 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 431
This is a question for those of you working at SEN or close to the reliable information.

Acknowledging all the controversy relating to Stobart having E195s unavailable to service some of the Flybe schedule. Can I ask how many E195s were in the plan when the announced the SEN schedules - was it 2 or 3 aircraft?

Currently, what is the status, how many have they got in service right now and do they still have an aircraft away for maintenance?

Thanks, mik3bravo.
mik3bravo is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2018, 22:08
  #1822 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
EF appeared to be unserviceable again this morning creating 4 hours delays on their later flights. It did get airborne after lunch and is back online. When will Stobart Air be able to return this aircraft back to Flybe?
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 06:10
  #1823 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 516
Originally Posted by tophat27dt View Post
EF appeared to be unserviceable again this morning creating 4 hours delays on their later flights. It did get airborne after lunch and is back online. When will Stobart Air be able to return this aircraft back to Flybe?
I don't believe they can return them as they they bought them.
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 07:48
  #1824 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
I don't believe they can return them as they they bought them.
I was told that they have bought EL, EM and EN, the latter already Irish registered.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 07:53
  #1825 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Westcliff-on-Sea
Age: 73
Posts: 256
Is G-FBEF not due to go back to Flybe fairly soon now? All I know is what I learn from this forum, but I believe that EB is not part of the final deal. Can anyone in the know say when this demon is due back with Flybe and Stobart gets a more reliable replacement. I've got October in mind but as I say, all I know is what I pick up here.
SEN Observer is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 12:45
  #1826 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Westcliff-on-Sea
Age: 73
Posts: 256
Have just noticed a typo in my last post. Should have referred to EF rather than EB. Sorry for any confusion!
SEN Observer is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 12:53
  #1827 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
I don't believe they can return them as they they bought them.
EM will be transferred to Stobart during September, and EL will follow in November, both to become EI-. . EF will be returning to FlyBe.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 13:38
  #1828 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by tophat27dt View Post
EF appeared to be unserviceable again this morning creating 4 hours delays on their later flights. It did get airborne after lunch and is back online. When will Stobart Air be able to return this aircraft back to Flybe?
ATR EI-REM positioning into SEN to help out.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 21:20
  #1829 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
EZY flight to/from AMS delayed 4 hours, but the inbound to SEN will divert to LTN in the early hours "due to lack of human resources at SEN"....or is this a cheaper way to get their rescue plane back to base LTN earlier. Pax will be bused to SEN. In case you didn't know one of the OE- reg A319s went tech early this morning and a replacement was sent in from LTN to operate the Alicante and Amsterdam flights.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 21:57
  #1830 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 36
Posts: 822
Originally Posted by tophat27dt View Post
EZY flight to/from AMS delayed 4 hours, but the inbound to SEN will divert to LTN in the early hours "due to lack of human resources at SEN"....or is this a cheaper way to get their rescue plane back to base LTN earlier. Pax will be bused to SEN. In case you didn't know one of the OE- reg A319s went tech early this morning and a replacement was sent in from LTN to operate the Alicante and Amsterdam flights.
Not sure if itíll save them money on ferrying, although crew hours might be an issue if they were to do LTN-SEN-ALC-SEN-AMS-SEN-LTN?

SEN has managed to stay open until 2am for one of their own E195s, I donít see why EZY will be any different? Perhaps a poorly veiled attempt to evade compensation by saying its out of their hands?
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2018, 22:22
  #1831 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 431
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 View Post


Not sure if itíll save them money on ferrying, although crew hours might be an issue if they were to do LTN-SEN-ALC-SEN-AMS-SEN-LTN?

SEN has managed to stay open until 2am for one of their own E195s, I donít see why EZY will be any different? Perhaps a poorly veiled attempt to evade compensation by saying its out of their hands?
or config for the redeye shifts tomorrow from LTN
mik3bravo is offline  
Old 7th Aug 2018, 06:21
  #1832 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by mik3bravo View Post
or config for the redeye shifts tomorrow from LTN
Pity it didn't stay to replace the still-broken A319. Amsterdam delayed 3 hours. Horrendous.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 7th Aug 2018, 07:25
  #1833 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 36
Posts: 822
Originally Posted by mik3bravo View Post
or config for the redeye shifts tomorrow from LTN
Iím sure it is but itís basically a lie, it implies fault with another party.
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 7th Aug 2018, 08:28
  #1834 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 630
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 View Post


Iím sure it is but itís basically a lie, it implies fault with another party.
Can somebody say where the information came from that it was due to staffing at SEN?
Was this from Easy themselves?
On the EasyJet site it said that the plane was needed back at Luton for the following days programme- no lie there
Falcon666 is offline  
Old 7th Aug 2018, 08:49
  #1835 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by Falcon666 View Post


Can somebody say where the information came from that it was due to staffing at SEN?
Was this from Easy themselves?
On the EasyJet site it said that the plane was needed back at Luton for the following days programme- no lie there
I took it from the tracking section on their business part of website. Lack of human resources at SEN it said. Maybe they later changed it
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 7th Aug 2018, 09:00
  #1836 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 630
Originally Posted by tophat27dt View Post
I took it from the tracking section on their business part of website. Lack of human resources at SEN it said. Maybe they later changed it
tophat
Thanks for that , looks indeed like they must have changed it after you noticed it.
Perhaps somebody thought better and decided to tell the real reason
Falcon666 is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2018, 10:34
  #1837 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
More lies?

EZY flight SEN-PMI delayed 45 mins, which in itself is not too bad, but the excuse given on website says "due to congestion at departure airport. Aircraft may be pushed back on time but must wait in a holding area". Have you seen the departures board for that period? I think three departures.

Last edited by tophat27dt; 8th Aug 2018 at 12:59.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 8th Aug 2018, 12:51
  #1838 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
OE-LQU fixed and back in service.
tophat27dt is online now  
Old 8th Aug 2018, 16:57
  #1839 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crawley
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by tophat27dt View Post
EZY flight SEN-PMI delayed 45 mins, which in itself is not too bad, but the excuse given on website says "due to congestion at departure airport. Aircraft may be pushed back on time but must wait in a holding area". Have you seen the departures board for that period? I think three departures.
air traffic delays maybe?
bycrewlgw is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2018, 17:10
  #1840 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by bycrewlgw View Post


air traffic delays maybe?
Yes, maybe...but I believe in the end it was the repaired OE-LQU which did the flight leaving two hours late.
tophat27dt is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.