PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Korea!
Thread: North Korea!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2017, 22:24
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My great Uncle was never one to follow the crowd. While imprisoned in a Japanese prisoner of war camp towards the end of WW2, he managed to send a signal to his mother (via the Red Cross) to invest his salary in Japanese futures. He was investigated by MI5, but cleared. His reasoning was that the Japanese were so utterly determined, intelligent, and disciplined that even if they lost the war they would become a major economic power. He bought a small number of shares in Mitsubishi, Yamaha, Suzuki and a couple of others. He died a near-billionaire a few years ago.

I have just come back from a trip to the China/ North Korea border with an investment banker friend.We invested an astucious percentage of our personal portfolios into Chinese companies who have legally-held investments in North Korea. We are convinced that even if North Korea is glassed over in the near future, in our lifetime it will emerge as an economic superpower, and our contemporary legal investments will be an important foothold for further investments in the future. North Korea has an abundance of the most important natural resource in the world - human IQ - as they lie at a crossroads between Japan, South Korea and Manchurian China (whose residents share highest average IQs in the world). They also have significant mineral resources, hydro-electric potential, tourist potential. As soon as North Korea reforms, it will become an economic super-power - and I am betting on it now with my money!

Last edited by Trim Stab; 23rd Dec 2017 at 22:40.