PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you believe Mrs May?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2017, 21:00
ImageGear

My, my, we are a cynical lot, aren't we.

I listened to the speech in it's entirety, and I do not personally subscribe to the "if the mouth is moving, then the Lady is lying". So I would say this in May's defence. I personally have never heard a sitting PM make a speech directly to the armed forces, without having referenced some other political hot potato in all the years I have been listening. Many PM's have included a piece as part of a larger speech, but I have not heard it as a direct and specific pre-Christmas message. The possible exception may be Maggie after the Falklands, but I did not hear it.

I will also say this since she is my MP. I attended a clinic with the Lady to request her assistance in a matter that had no relevance to me personally, or to my family. She made certain commitments which were not only communicated to relevant departments, but she also ensured that they were fulfilled. There was nothing in it for her but she did it anyway.

I will continue to cut her some slack. Perhaps I may be proved wrong however then the alternative person in the chair is likely not to take such a view of the services and they may become surplus to requirements.

Imagegear