PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2017, 19:30
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
Jack...I have not seen the email to which you refer...but I can guess at its tone. Im wondering.."what can no longer be tolerated"? Letting Pilots be Pilots and fly aeroplanes? Pilots being "heads down" close to the ground..pushing buttons hoping that the FMC will do what its asked?...or the BS that flows from the Bouncy Castle in a continuing effort justify their positions ( What ever Sky Pixie they believe in..help them) ?

When I left, almost 3 years ago..I did not think the wheels could come off much more..but they have. Burnt one 777...tried to park a couple of A380s in a suburb or two..plus numerous other "events".

What the hell is going on..?
To answer your question.

Essentially due of a lack of expertise - EK Fleet mgt are running their Dept and pilots so wound up and tight that the there is a lack of conscious and subconscious mental freedom to aviate.

That lack of expertise is not driven by a deficiency in IQ or honorable intent - but more due the fact that a few key stake holders have never worked in any other culture or corporation and thus have no reference point in how it’s done elsewhere.

The over engineering of SOPs has so dumbed down the process that the elasticity of thought in any given situation has gone from instinct of logical action - to imitating by rote what the latest FCI or Manual says.

The most important tool any experienced pilot has at his/her disposal - is gut.

EK has removed any support to the pilot who uses that ‘gut’ tool in split second decisions by initiating a policy of termination for errors.

It is obvious to most that this ill thought out policy will lead to an accident...which will inevitably lead to the Co apportioning culpability to the pilots as against the root cause - being the Co.

It’s a tainted circle that rarely ends well.

Last edited by fliion; 23rd Dec 2017 at 19:50.