PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helijet S-76C Loss of Control November 2015
Old 23rd Dec 2017, 11:38
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot and Hi

...How could the incident happen? Two ATP's, two engines, autopilot, IFR ratings, thousands of hours each..
Don't be surprised, I've seen it happen many many times in the simulator. One pilot sits on his hands and says nothing as the other pilot flies both of them into the ground. ATP, CPL, high experience, low experience, makes no difference, the behavior and outcome is the same.

I'm a bit rusty on S76C+ as I haven't flown one in about 20 years, but some of my reading of the report thus far doesn't gel with my vague memory...about blowaway power (para 1.6.3.1)...I thought the most the DECU would give you under blowaway logic is 115% TQ...the report says if NR drops below 90% the DECU will give you 140% TQ, really?? And (para 1.6.4.1) "..The system is designed to limit fuel flow when either the all-engines-operating torque limit or the temperature limit is reached..." Doesn't the DECU only look at T5 for engine starting?...the DECU limits fuel flow to maintain T5 limit during blowaway logic event, really? Maybe I'm setting myself up to look stupid here, and I don't have any manuals at hand to look up the answers for myself, so if any S76 gurus out there could enlighten me on these aspects, thanks.

Last edited by gulliBell; 23rd Dec 2017 at 12:29.