PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick Premium Security and Passport. Worth it?
Old 23rd Dec 2017, 02:08
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AeroSpark
Might bhe a daft question but are you changing terminal at LGW? If not do you even need to clear security? If you are then I would say anything that makes it easier to get through is worth the money at Gatwick!
EasyJet and TUI are both at the North Terminal.

There is no interline with EZY and TUI so it's passport control, baggage reclaim, through customs then check in for the TUI flight and through security into departures then to the gate.

I used LGW on one occasion this year where the queue for the main security was getting busy and they directed several passengers including myself to the Premium Security which was just as busy as the other one and this was around 09.00 am so you can't always tell although personally for peace of mind especially considering that your wife has concerns I would go for the Premium Security at least for your outbound flight to HKT if you feel that the connection time is a bit tight.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by Premium Passport Control on your inbound flights into LGW as I have not come across that before!