PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2017, 02:59
APBabySitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtseraf
APBabySitter.

I understand your concerns, they have been an issue since the start of operations in 2001 and they are very valid concerns. Try being away on course when your latest child is born, has happened to many of us.

Many of us have suggested a change to the way things are done, in order to make the job more attractive. So far nothing has changed, I do not expect anything to change, so the choice is jump in or walk away.

The 787, as things stand, is not an option for newhires, how things work out in the future, your guess is as good as mine. It will probably end up being the senior fleet, at this stage selection is based on seniority for Captains. If this continues for F/O's, well, plan on joining on the 767. I understand the plans are to keep the 767 freighters for a long time.

Trying to be as realistic as possible, not negative.
Totally understand and appreciate your candor. I've never thought the 787 option would be available to me initially anyway as a DEFO but it's just nice to know they are buying new aircraft, good sign for the future.
I fly 777's now and a 787 is just a fancy 777 so the aircraft type doesn't really bother me. The idea of flying a 767 actually sounds like a fun change.
As for the training you are totally right, I just need to make a decision one way or the other and commit to it. Cheers