PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposed wind farm impacts Cobden ALA future
Old 22nd Dec 2017, 01:39
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by kaz3g
My last electricity account was $72 for 3 months because I have solar panels. This is the brave new world and I'd like to be part of it for a while longer.

How about you?

Kaz
Yep, my PV's are now over 20yrs old, and they're not stuck on a pole some 100m in the air waving their arms shouting 'look at me', so they don't pollute the local environment, great stuff.

No doubt we could discuss 'empirical' really means, including the difference between 'can' and 'may', and lots of other things but I'm very mindful that this is an aviation site and there's a limit as to how far we may reasonably digress. So to that end I think I'll probably stop at this, but for one further observation, apropos of the two previous posts to yours, kaz3g.

In my most recent involvement with a noise generator the machine in question did one rotation in around 0.83 seconds and the 'whump' modulation was ~100Hz. The rotor tip speed was ~300km/h and although not near the speed of sound it managed to pollute the environment for more than 3km around. This adversely affected the lives of a number of people living within this area, and had done so for some years.

There was neither benefit, nor compensation, afforded to those affected. In fact all the profit accrued to others in a city some distance away - so why not site the things right there?

FP.

Last edited by First_Principal; 22nd Dec 2017 at 02:19.